PDA

View Full Version : Windows 2000 cmd prompt in full screen

Graham Petrie
15-06-2004, 09:23 AM
Hi,

I want all command windows to open in full screen every time. Easy to do for the default command window, but I am running a DOS-based application that runs within a Windows window with a command prompt in a second window running the program in the background.

Sometimes it is necessary to enter infromation in this other window, and when alt-tabbing between, I would like the second command window to be in full screen mode.

I have tried selecting it from the display properties and then selecting "Save properties for future windows with same title", but next time I open the application I am back to the window.

I have this working on another Windows 2000 PC, but it has stumped me as to why it won't work on this one.

any ideas?

G P

mikebartnz
15-06-2004, 10:34 AM
Say you have a shortcut Right click it and go to the options page and set to full screen there.

johnboy
15-06-2004, 10:35 AM
Look down this page Here (http://episteme.arstechnica.com/6/ubb.x?q=Y&a=tpc&s=50009562&f=12009443&m=431095614&p=1)

hth

Graham Petrie
15-06-2004, 01:20 PM
Cheers Mike, you gave me the brainwave I needed.

The application calls the program in the command window, therefore all I had to do was find the MS-DOS program/executable it calls in the applications' folder in c:\Program Files and modify its properties as you said.

Problem solved!

Thanks also to Johnboy - handy page to keep on file.

G P