PDA

View Full Version : Is nero 5 the best?

miknz
13-06-2004, 10:44 AM
Hey,
Well I got my new lappy on friday and am keen to try out the cd writer as I have never had the ability to do this before. The comp came with Auto Grabber which I find a little hard to use. It could just be me not knowing what I am doing of course.
I did a search back through pf1and found that nero 5 was the most recommended cd burning utility.
I guess I would just like a little advice on what software is best for burning some music and converting files.

Cheers

mike

Mike
13-06-2004, 10:52 AM
Personally I use Nero 6, which I find very good. You'll probably find that Nero (whatever version) is the most recommended because its the most common - most new burners these days seem to come with a version of Nero.

Mike.

Mike
13-06-2004, 10:53 AM
Personally I use Nero 6, which I find very good. You'll probably find that Nero (whatever version) is the most recommended because its the most common - most new burners these days seem to come with a version of Nero.

Mike.

Growly
13-06-2004, 10:53 AM
Yeah nero is good. Nero Express, isn't. I can't figure out how to install full version of Nero (what the disk says it is)...

That is Nero Express as opposed to Nero Burning Rom.

Mzee
14-06-2004, 09:06 PM
Nero Burner and Nero Express are on the same CD and install together. Nero Express is excellent for simple operations like data backups, straight disc copy etc, & the full version has a link on Express for the more difficult tasks.

If you are running Windows XP, remember to disable the built in burner prog. Go to control panel/administrative tools/services and disable "IMAPIcd burner........."