PDA

View Full Version : delinquent"thatgame"program

effie C
12-06-2004, 12:51 PM
Hi everyone,

For several years now I have been using the above chess program and play at one time up to 36 games, with about 12 opponents.

I had trouble a while back and Godfather was able to try it and eventually that problem came right.

NOW ! for the last three months or so games would disappear into thin air, sometimes arriving a week or so later, then, of late, they do not re- appear and worse, a "new" first move game, will not arrive, either to me , or to my opponents.

The end result- no more "thatgame" type of chess can be playable- it just won't show up anywhere, to reply to.

I have occaisionally got a reply from "benp@thatgame.com", where he admitted server troubles and spam filtering also, though if it is spam filtering surely he can correct that!

Can anybody offer some advice.

O K if mr Benp will not correct things there is not a lot anyone can do- but perhaps someone can tell me if they have an answer

effie c

Mrs Bump
12-06-2004, 08:48 PM
Bump

godfather
12-06-2004, 11:51 PM
Considering that BenP is the (part) owner/creator of the game, I think you are right. Not much anyone can do.

Given the price of the software, I guess its another case where you do really get what you pay for.

Its a bit hard to see how they can actually make a dollar from that venture to pay for any server (or program) maintenance?