PDA

View Full Version : That was a long Friday tea break..Nice to see you back.

Laura
12-06-2004, 06:20 AM
The header says it all.

JJJJJ
12-06-2004, 07:27 AM
Probably none of my business, but ?????????
Jack ?:|

somebody
12-06-2004, 08:07 AM
PF1 was down last night.

Growly
12-06-2004, 08:27 AM
I second that motion.

Chilling_Silence
12-06-2004, 09:47 AM
Man, its hard being a busy person.. You miss the little things in life... Like PressF1 outages, where would I be without them, yet when one finally comes around Im out playing pool til 2am :-(

What is the world coming to.....

Baldy
12-06-2004, 10:22 AM
> Man, its hard being a busy person.. You miss the
> little things in life... Like PressF1 outages, where
> would I be without them, yet when one finally comes
> around Im out playing pool til 2am :-(
>
> What is the world coming to.....

Yeah sure Chill. Was it your first game of pool?

JJJJJ
12-06-2004, 10:33 AM
And I missed it all. I was watching TV.
Jack

kiki
12-06-2004, 01:03 PM
> And I missed it all. I was watching TV.

:^O Like everyone else who was having a life.

beetle
12-06-2004, 01:07 PM
Having a life indeed......

:p

my life revolves around a 24 hour business where some one has to be all the time............... so cant just get up and go and have another life,

but as a side note Chat was busy last nite as a consequence of pf1 being down. :D

so glad youre back pf1,
was a sad day yesterday as i didnt see pf1 at all!!! no pf1 fix for me......now thats a sad thing. :D

beetle

R2x1
12-06-2004, 01:55 PM
Didn't watch TV = not having a life ? ? ?
Drat, time to cash in the life insurance. :D

Laura
13-06-2004, 07:29 AM
Past experience has shown that PF1 outages usually prompted not only cries for explanations, but suggestions for improving the website's performance.

This time it was down for nearly 14 hours from late afternoon on a Friday until early hours Saturday morning.

The reaction in this thread has been basically HoHum...
No posts from anybody who was really uptight about non-ommunication.
Presumably the regulars are just grateful for the recent improvements - like faster speed in loadng.
I am also, but (even as a newbie) I'd like to iknow what happemed to lose it for nearly 14 hours.
Such info is always interesting.
Nobody's been uptight about it, probably because the website has got so much better/faster
So whatthehellhappened to cause this?

Susan B
13-06-2004, 07:26 PM
> So whatthehellhappened to cause this?

Most probably caused by someone tripping over the cable during the Friday night rush out of the door for the weekend. ;-)

csinclair83
13-06-2004, 07:32 PM
websites crash sometimes for no explantion, just need a restart of the server and then its back up again...

i have a thought that i wonder about sometimes...would there ever be the day when everything crashes like nothing going, everythings down apart from your connection and emails and ur isp homepage and internal links....
unbearable to think about....

~~~~~ s y ~~~~~
13-06-2004, 07:37 PM
> > So whatthehellhappened to cause this?
>
> Most probably caused by someone tripping over the
> cable during the Friday night rush out of the door
> for the weekend. ;-)

I second that ;-) It always happens on a Friday afternoon. I wonder who it is.... ]:)

csinclair83
13-06-2004, 07:44 PM
if it happens after 7-8pm and ppl are usually gone by 5 or 6 then u could blame the cleaners with their vaccum cleaners...

R2x1
13-06-2004, 09:28 PM
> if it happens after 7-8pm and ppl are usually gone by
> 5 or 6 then u could blame the cleaners with their
> vaccum cleaners...
>

I that was indeed the time where the servers are !
:o

Mary H
14-06-2004, 09:25 AM
Sorry all, there's a bit of construction taking place in our building and the power was turned off late afternoon on Friday.
All servers had to be shutdown, while this took place.
Fear not, all is well now... and hope you all recovered from your withdrawals :)

Susan B
14-06-2004, 11:59 AM
> Sorry all, there's a bit of construction taking place in our building and the power was turned off late afternoon on Friday.
> All servers had to be shutdown, while this took place.

There, I told you, didn't I? Someone (a builder probably) tripped over the cable. ;-)

:p :D