PDA

View Full Version : So. Much. Anger.

Growly
11-06-2004, 05:13 PM
Hello there.

I ordered the, as some may know, Gigabyte 7NNXP Motherboard from Lan Gear on Tuesday, paid for it on Wednesday, and expected to be at my door by today (Friday).

This was urgent, as I have not been able to do anything with my computer, and the 240GB of SATA Drive files on it.

And what do I know? The motherboard is out of stock, and they email me TODAY.

This makes me incredibly angry, unjustly maybe... but

Does anyone know where I can get a brand new 7NNXP from?!?!

PLEASE!!!!!!!!

drcspy
11-06-2004, 05:17 PM
www.pricespy.co.nz gave 8 listings for that board.........

http://www.pricespy.co.nz/search.php?search=7NNXP&all=0

Growly
11-06-2004, 05:30 PM
Yes, and as I have learned, that means nothing.

Lan Gear (the company I attempted to order from) is listed there.

metla
11-06-2004, 05:40 PM
Indeed,Even out of stock it should have been available by friday,Suppliers must have run out.

Why don't you ring those on the list?

Infact i just checked my gigabyte suppliers list and that board isn't even listed,wonder if they are even still being distributed?

CYaBro
11-06-2004, 05:46 PM
Same goes for me. My suppliers don't even list that board!

Growly
12-06-2004, 09:32 AM
That's my concern, I've heard that they don't distribute it in NZ.

HOWEVER: I checked the NZ distributors listed by Gigabyte, and sent emails to two of them (neither listed the 7NNXP).

I may have to ship it from Australia, which would cost money, but I really really really want this motherboard... and I didn't wait two days expecting it to come not to get it...

Grrrrrrr. Anything left anywhere? ANYONE?

PS. Guy in my class's dad is the managing director of one (and my old bball coach), maybe i can pull in a favour....

Growly
12-06-2004, 09:41 AM
Anyone know any Aussie suppliers?

metla
12-06-2004, 10:23 AM
NZ stock comes via Aussie......

Baldy
12-06-2004, 11:38 AM
> Hello there.
>
> I ordered the, as some may know, Gigabyte 7NNXP
> Motherboard from Lan Gear on Tuesday, paid for it on
> Wednesday, and expected to be at my door by today
> (Friday).
>

My two bobs worth......
The company who you placed the order with, than accepted your payment the next day ( when they probably knew it wasn't available in NZ) needs a good kick up the jacksee.
Out of interest, were they just as quick to refund your money as accept it?
Have you given any thought to importing one yourself from Australia - or wherever you can get one from overseas. If that particular model is so important to you?

Growly
12-06-2004, 08:00 PM
Yes, they offered in a refund in the same email as they broke the tragedy to me....

It's all good on that account.

I've been meaning to get it shipped from Aussie, cause lots of peeps have it in stock over there (ok, so only the one place I could find).

Metla, if our stock comes from Aussie, how come we don't have it and they do? Does that mean it's being withdrawn there? This motherboard is meant to be in manufacturing untill the end of the year....

DAMN IT ALL!!!

Growly
12-06-2004, 08:15 PM
Right, before I start crying, I'm going to make this a separate topic.

kiki
12-06-2004, 08:42 PM
Well if its no longer in stock in NZ, good luck if you have any warranty issues and you have to send it back to Australia or Taiwan ;)

Surely not having the motherboard will be the end of the world? Its no longer the best of the best, its very outdated already.

Growly
12-06-2004, 08:53 PM
Seriously?

What's better?

I havent found any equivalents, or anything better....

kiki
12-06-2004, 09:00 PM
Have you already got all the components for it? Or are you going to be purchasing new CPU, ram etc.

Maybe some of the DFI Lanparty boards might suit you. The XP is a very good board but Socket A is at the end of the line. No point investing in a new computer for that, unless you were just upgrading the motherboard and using existing components.

Growly
12-06-2004, 09:38 PM
Yes, I'm just upgrading motherboard. I have RAM, CPU and alot of other cool stuff (INLCUDING A $300 CASE I CANT USE) just sitting there, hopefully not dead anymore.

I'm still interested in the better version that someone said there was...

kiki
12-06-2004, 10:04 PM
> I'm still interested in the better version that someone said there was...

Thats a bit hard to do atm. Post your full system specs, including CPU, RAM & latencies, Hard drives etc.

Growly
12-06-2004, 11:11 PM
I meant a better version of that motherboard, with the same features, or more....

I dont see how this is relevant (feel free to enlighten me), but...

AMD Athlon XP 2800+
512MB DDR RAM (1 stick, CAS Latency of 3, not that I ever checked)
CDRW
Two floppies
2x 120GB Seagate Barracuda SATA drives

kiki
12-06-2004, 11:53 PM
Well any extra performance you might get with the XP you probably won't. For one you've only got a chip with a 333FSB and CAS3 ram, there's the performance gone already. To really take advantage of it and see some performance increase over say the Pro2 you'd need a 3200+ 400FSB and some nice Mushkin Dual Channel 2-2-2 ram.

Feature wise, whats wrong with the Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe (http://www.asus.com/products/mb/socketa/a7n8x-e-d/overview.htm)???

Growly
12-06-2004, 11:55 PM
Actually, with the 7nnxp, i was more interested in the

a) Dual Channel ram (getting more soon)
b) ability to overclock (presence of 12v power connector, my current board didnt)
c) the DPVRM
d) the dolby certified MCP-T Shoutbridge
e) The dual LAN, one of which is Gigabit.

Growly
13-06-2004, 12:03 AM
Right, as far as the that ASUS board is concerned...

it, I must admit, meets all my expectations, except:

a) the lack of 4 RAM slots
b) IDE RAID

Pickish, yes, but I want my 7nnxp!

I must admit, however, that that is the closest any other motherboard has come!

kiki
13-06-2004, 02:14 AM
> a) the lack of 4 RAM slots
> b) IDE RAID

a) Ok 4 ram slots can be a big deal, but with the gigabyte board 4 ram slots, its picky about what you put in the last 2 slots if you still want to keep dual channel going. Apparently you've got to use single sided sticks etc in certain slots and double sided in other slots. Can you see yourself running more than 3Gb in that board? If you download the manal from here (http://www.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socka/nforce2/a7n8x-e/e1465_a7n8x-e_deluxe.pdf) you can populate all 3 dimm slots and get up to 3Gb in dual channel...

b) IDE Raid, you can get around that with a cheap PCI raid controller if its that important to you. Apparently the gigabyte onboard raid controllers aren't that great anyway.

c) Asus is a slightly better manufacturer than Gigabyte if not the best. That means you're getting a quality job to the highest manufacturing standards.

d) Availability. You could have one by Tuesday instead of 2 weeks from Australia.

Just my thoughts, you're free to do whatever you want ;)

R2x1
13-06-2004, 02:22 AM
> d) Availability. You could have one by Tuesday
> instead of 2 weeks from Australia.

Now that looks like a killer feature :D

Growly
13-06-2004, 09:42 AM
You know, you're right. Infact my last board was asus, and it died... but I liked it.

Hehe, I downloaded the manual on thursday, and yeah, you need DS, DS, SS, SS, to fill it up with the gigabyte.

Interesting. I can see now that the only thing stopping me is my affinity with this board, the somewhat less technical details, which are actually silly, like the DPVRM, the northbridge fan, the colour coded and symmetricalness of the RAM slots, the green ide connectors....

Nevertheless, I'll see if I can get the asus. Thanks alot kiki, it's a shame that they dont supply it to this country. But i'll keep seeing where I can get a 7nnxp from for the meantime....

Thanks alot man.

PS. As it was said before, warranty is a major issue too.