PDA

View Full Version : Unwanted Faxes

Curious George
11-06-2004, 04:57 AM
Hi Guys, can anyone here remember the article Geoff Palmer wrote a while back about Baron Marketing?
We are getting bombarded with this spam, on several of our fax machines, and I want it to end!!
I don't remember the reaction to his request to stop, but I think it didn't. His advice was.......

Thanks to anyone with a huge memory, or magazine collection.

Laura
11-06-2004, 05:09 AM
George:
Use the Search on PC World's home page.
The article is there - dated 31 MARCH 2003

Laura
11-06-2004, 05:13 AM
On second thoughts, I guess it's the one dated 5 May you want...?

Curious George
11-06-2004, 05:16 AM
D'oh!
Searched this site, but not the other! That will teach me for 4am surfing.
Well done, thanks for that Laura.
I'll try to unsubscribe, then the invoice trick....maybe

whiskeytangofoxtrot
11-06-2004, 09:14 AM
Best trick I found for fax marketers who wouldn't quit after repeated requests is if you have an old fax machine (thermal paper etc) feed it in, fax it to the spammer in question, as it moves through the machine tape the ends together.

1 x infinte loop of fax (until their machine runs out of paper).

parry
11-06-2004, 11:02 AM
Perhaps give them their own medicine. Not that Im condoning this but I have heard of someone using an autodialer program to send an appropriate message several hundred times to a business that wouldnt go away.

Curious George
11-06-2004, 11:58 AM
Heehee. Thanks WTF and Parry. I may have to try those just for the fun of it

Winston001
11-06-2004, 02:38 PM
Great ideas provided you accept that if you are using a business line then it's costing you 4.5c/minute. Doesn't sound much to the average person but those charges add up very fast.

Personally I would do it and pay for the calls happy at the thought of sweet revenge.