PDA

View Full Version : Digital photos corrupted when taken to print

Nigel Thomson
10-06-2004, 04:54 PM
Greetings all.

My problem is this... when I have taken digital photos in to be printed, the equipment at the photolab says that some (not all are corrupt), but when I view the files on my computer they are fine??

1) these files are burned to CD, (they come from my hard drive) they are no longer stored on the memory card
2) They are saved as Jpegs, and some of them will print out fine, at the labs.

What have I done about it?

1) reburned the Files to CD using the "original" files stored on the computer this made no difference the corrupt ones were still corrupt, the readable ones were still readable
2)tried multiple photolabs, Warehouse, Fuji image, Harvey Normans and some other places, made no difference corrupt ones were still corrupt, the readable ones were still readable

Any help would be much appreciated
thanks Nigel

metla
10-06-2004, 05:03 PM
I would presume if they display fine but won't print then they may have been saved to a non-standard jpg setting/format.

Have you tried opening them all in a photo-editing suite then resaving them?

Pure guesswork on my part though.

godfather
10-06-2004, 06:05 PM
How are you burning them?

Using what software?

Drag and drop, or the full process?

What media (CD-R or CD-RW)?

Growly
10-06-2004, 06:08 PM
I agreem if the same thing happens twice, then you have to wonder if there is a fundamental difference between the files.

JPGs, for example, can have different compression layers.maybe you should try (like the others said) and open them, and save them as another format .....