PDA

View Full Version : Jetstream Flat rate speed

arfitty
10-06-2004, 02:08 AM
I've recently 'upgraded' from J/S starter to the new Flat Rate product, which is meant to run at 256 kbps d/l - I've tested it several times on various servers and I get consistent results of 128 kbps download and 130 kbps UPLOAD. Can this be possible? I've tweaked RWIN and done all the usual stuff, but I don't see how the u/l can be quicker than the d/l? Or am I missing something (like a good ISP...)

Cheers

csinclair83
10-06-2004, 03:10 AM
I dont have adsl but i reckon it could be a issue at the ISP end or ring your isp and find out if your settings are right or wrong...
but if you only upgraded from a plan to a new plan then nothing should change just your download/upload speed which i would think doesnt need setting changes...
ring ya isp and see what they say and go from there i'd think

somebody
10-06-2004, 07:51 AM
Most likely your ISP hasn't switched you over, so your speed is still being limited. Either that, or your line conditions only allow for a maximum of 128k transfer speed.

Contact your ISP and see if they have switched you over to the 256k plan yet, or if it's going to kick in on the next billing cycle.

paulw
10-06-2004, 08:21 AM
Also have you power cycled your ADSL router since the change??

floyds
10-06-2004, 12:10 PM
excuse my ignorance but what do you mean by power cycled the adsl router...i change over from jetstart to jetsurf tonight and have'nt been told anything about this.

thanx

Billy T
10-06-2004, 12:18 PM
Turn it off, wait 30 seconds then turn it on again. It is a hard reboot. It is also a good idea to reboot your computer at the same time.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)