PDA

View Full Version : OT. New Jetstream Deal

~~~~~ s y ~~~~~
08-06-2004, 05:37 PM
I've just seen the latest deal about free Jetstream connection for two month, but only for new subscriber. Naturally I reacted with the comment "Not another Telecom type campaign".

Since then, I've rang Xtra, my ISP. They are refusing to give the deal to me, simply saying those customers, despite their savings still have to pay the $99 connection fee. But so what? I paid my $99 connection fee too! This is simply another crazy advertising campaign like the last one (25% off). So I'm wondering if there is a petition of anything like that flowing around, because I'm going to sign it. Yet another unloyal approach to customers...

I'm going to continue ringing them up until they give it to me...

kiki
08-06-2004, 06:15 PM
The idea is to get Jetstream when they have one of these free connection deals going on. Thats the smart thing to do. As for preaching on about not getting a free connection when you signed up, then thats your fault and no-one elses problem at all.

Big John
08-06-2004, 06:35 PM
You poor person. Always trying to something for free from Telecom.

Sorry but it is a standard marketing ploy and many other businesses use it just the same way.

I suppose if you brought a new computer from a shop and then a week later they put that exact same one on special you would expect a refund of your money because you paid more?

Baldy
08-06-2004, 07:23 PM
Geewizz ~~~~SY~~~~~
Haven't you realised yet that virtually every time you open a newspaper, turn on the radio, watch a TV advertisement, go into the city and look at the trillions of signs that there is someone giving away something for nothing (as a marketing ploy) when you make a purchase.
Its called LIFE
I was thinking of getting Jetstream to get the 2 months free, but am scared that someone else might give away 3 months free as competition to Xtra
I think I had better go to the Doctor to be tranquillised. Its the only way I am going to be able to cope

Growly
08-06-2004, 07:23 PM
Oh for crying out loud, leave Telecom alone!

whiskeytangofoxtrot
08-06-2004, 09:56 PM
Build a bridge and get over it.

Seriously, if you'd bought something from a store and two months later it was on special you wouldn't expect them to refund you.

Take a reality check.