PDA

View Full Version : Running seperate feed on video out.

willie_M
07-06-2004, 02:56 PM
Hey guys,

Heres my problem:
I have movies and stuff on my computer that I want to show on the TV. I have a GF4 MX440 graphics card with the video out, and my motherboard has S/PDIF out. And I have yet to buy the AV cable. What I want to do is be able to have one feed going out the video out plug, say, with a movie going, while I can still do stuff on my computer screen without the people watching the movie on the TV seeing what I am doing.

So, is there some kind of Virtual screen app that feeds whatever is on that screen out the RCA video out socket?

Cheers.

metla
07-06-2004, 02:59 PM
Simple,you nominate your tv as the second device,fire up your desired media player,launch the movie,grab it with your mouse and drag it onto the other screen,

You wont see it,they will.

Depending on your system and what your doing at the time it may affect the playback of the movie though.

willie_M
07-06-2004, 05:04 PM
Wow... thanks...

So how do I do this exactly?

Is there a faq or a help file somewhere so you dont have to explain it?

metla
07-06-2004, 05:12 PM
If you have it handy consult your video card manual,but that only aplies if your using the drivers the card shipped with.

Otherwise you access the settings by right>clicking the desktop and hitting properties>then the name of your video card,it should show up with a panel displaying a monitor witha big number 1 on it.

Can't really be more presice because so many drivers have tweaked it,some to a large degree.

I do believe the last few nvidia releases have incorperated a control panel applet as well.

willie_M
07-06-2004, 08:45 PM
What? The nView desktop manager?

I do remeber the big number 1 & 2 screens from last years drivers but haven't seen it since.

I will just poke around with the settings and see what i can find.

Thanks for your help!