PDA

View Full Version : Mozilla Firefox Profiles

Tribomb
06-06-2004, 07:00 PM
Yesterday when I loaded Mozilla Firefox it asked me to make some profile thing... I tried to load the one I was using before, it wouldnít let me. So I made another one thinking I could access the old one when I was in the browser, I looked around but I couldnít find anything on it. I really donít know what to do. I looked in the Mozilla Firefox folder to see if I could find something on profiles and delete the one I didnít want but I had no luck. Anyone know how I can get my old one back because it loads me automatically into the one I donít want? Thanks :)

tommy
06-06-2004, 07:05 PM
What version of Windows are you using? The Profiles folder can be found in your Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Phoenix\Profiles within Windows XP.

Jen C
06-06-2004, 07:08 PM
You will get asked to load another profile when you try to launch another instance of it. Did you already have Firefox running at the time? You will need to get into the Profile Manager, and from there you can remove the unwanted profile and also select your default one. You can find instructions on how to do this here (http://texturizer.net/firefox/faq.html#profilemanager).

Let us know if you have any problems :)

kiki
06-06-2004, 07:18 PM
Before you delete any profiles etc go into the profiles folder (mentioned above) and copy your bookmarks.html file and anything else useful.

Tribomb
07-06-2004, 09:46 PM
I got rid of the new profile but now I can't get into the old one. I cant open Mozilla, it wont open from the shortcut. I clicked a link in an email and it opened but it isnt set out like I had it before and all the quick link bars are gone :(

kiki
07-06-2004, 11:20 PM
Go Start -> Run

Browse for your firefox.exe file, mines located in:
D:\Programs\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

Add the -p switch and that will get you to the profile manager:

"D:\Programs\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -p

Now make a new profile in a location where you will remember it. Ok now load up Firefox with the new profile, then close it. Now go to the location of the new profile and copy the stuff from your old profile into the new directory 327sdfdsffds.slt whatever.