PDA

View Full Version : Converting files VCD

Baldy
05-06-2004, 03:06 PM
I have got several downloaded movies that I would like to play in my DVD as VCD

I use Easy CD Creator, but it does not seem to have the facility to create VCD

Does anyone else know a program I can download for free?

Many thanks, Baldy:-)

Baldy
05-06-2004, 05:24 PM
I think I have found what I need. The files I wanted to convert are early music video clips ie: The Eurythmics etc

Steve_L
06-06-2004, 10:42 AM
Baldy, what free program did you find, and did it work OK?
I also have Easy CD Creator and want to convert film clips to view on the DVD player. Thanks. - Steve L

popa
06-06-2004, 11:10 AM
me too baldy : )

Baldy
06-06-2004, 12:24 PM
Hi guys,
There are heaps of "trial" programs on Downloads.com

The one I chose was Nero 6 Ultra Edition 6.3.1.15

http://download.com.com/3000-2646-10294331.html?tag=tid_s

Its free to use till the end of the month, but that will give me plenty of time to convert what I want. I am in the market for a new CDWriter, and will chose one that comes with Nero when I buy......
I have burn't a couple of compilation music videos onto VCD and very, very happy with the results
Baldy:-)

BTW: Nero is quite a big download on dial-up, so left mine running last night when I went to bed, and was all set to go this morning

metla
06-06-2004, 12:39 PM
http://www.videohelp.com/tools?s=4#4

Once there,scroll down,many tools listed including free programs.

andy
06-06-2004, 03:15 PM
Be aware that you don't get the full version of Nero with any new drive. You get a severely cut down version called Nero Express. There's a lot of good bits missing, but you can still make VCDs. If you're buying a new DVD Writer, it should come with something like PowerDirector, which will make all sorts of video stuff.

metla
06-06-2004, 03:53 PM
Different drives come with different versions,It is rare that the full program is supplied but it can happen,Besides,what is the full program?,with all its modules its huge.