PDA

View Full Version : Usefull Info for Tradme traders

Murray P
04-06-2004, 09:09 PM
If you don't already know about this, just a wee heads up for thise that use or may use Tradme online auctions having a read of the Scambusters (http://www.scambusters.co.nz/index.html) site might save you some grief.

Cheers Murray P

Steve Askew
04-06-2004, 10:03 PM
Thanks for that Murray,It was useful & Interesting to read , Will have to keep a eye out for those dodgy traders.

Steve

Megaman
04-06-2004, 10:31 PM
ironically, there is an article in this weeks listener about the scambusters.

Trademe admins think they're annoying. they copy the protection already in place, and cause un-due discomfort among newbies.

If you're thinking "but they must be good", think of them as wannabe moderators ;)

Capt.Hook
04-06-2004, 10:45 PM
Could anyone answer this question for me:

Would the ability of that site to show me my IP address,mean my firewall is not protecting me as good as I assumed it was.Considering I'm set to run in stealth mode??

Hook.

Murray P
04-06-2004, 10:55 PM
Which site Capin... ah...sir ;) Scambusters or Trademe. This (http://www.scambusters.co.nz/iplookup.html) page?

Cheers Murray P

Pheonix
04-06-2004, 11:02 PM
Cpt hook. Think about it... how is that download you start, going to know where to send those packets of information? It needs to know an address.. maybe IP address? :D

Murray P
04-06-2004, 11:03 PM
Ah! got it. Needed to right click > view the image. Funny my IP doesn't show as in the 219XXXXXX range, somebody will be able to enlighten me. But that's just your wan side IP anyway. You need that for DNS to work but, you can hide it by going through a proxy server except fot the proxy itself of course. If it's dynamic it's no biggy. here today gone tomorrow or sooner. There's no easy way for them to see your lan side if stay sitting behind your NAT router.

Cheers Murray P

Capt.Hook
04-06-2004, 11:03 PM
The...This page..site,Murray.

cheers.

Capt.Hook
04-06-2004, 11:18 PM
Thanks Murray, thanks Pheonix
Must be time for me to grab me parrot and head back to sea.
I blame my crew for me asking a dipstick question,and rest assured,they will be doing a lot of scrubbing this next trip.Will definitely be looking for foul weather to wipe the smirks off thier faces.

Cheers guys.

Hook.

Murray P
05-06-2004, 12:01 AM
Ah-hoy thar Cap'n...sir, tis a foul an dirty venture yer b a lookin fer then! set yer sails for te northern sand bars. tis a dark dank wet bilge hole tht await ye up tht thar isthmus, tht be right te straighten te lads. Be on lookout fer tht oulde tar Billy te T tho, big ugly brute so I be told ee-arrh ;\

Cheers Murray ;P