PDA

View Full Version : iChat version for PC?

caffy
31-05-2004, 01:08 AM
I have just seen a friend using iChat, and it looks kewl, was wondering if there's a version adapted for the PC?

Since Apple has "MSN Messenger for Mac" etc, I'd assume that there would be a few Mac programmes adapted for PC...

Thanks,
caffy

Chilling_Silence
31-05-2004, 02:36 AM
The closest Ive seen to that would be Neos using the Jabber protocol:
http://www.neosmt.com

Its a brilliant app with excellent out-of-the-box support for Voice / Vid chats wheras MSN wouldnt work in both the situations I tried it!

Let me know if this is similar to what you're after. Its not iChat, but its the closest thing I know of for Doze.

Cheers

Chill.
(Chilling_Silence@jabber.org.nz)

caffy
31-05-2004, 04:45 AM
Hmm, downloaded that. Thanks for link Chill, but I am not sure if that's what I was looking for.

I was hoping to add ppl using iChat to a program for PC, and then chat to them thru that.

I looked in neosmt and it doesnt seem to have an add feature for iChat users.

Greville
01-06-2004, 03:32 PM
iChat uses the same protocol that both ICQ and AOL use. I use Trillian on my PC to chat with several friends with iChat. But any client that supports ICQ or AOL should do it. You'll need your friend to send you his details so you can add him to your buddy/contacts list and you should be away laughing.

Cheers,
Grev

stu120404
01-06-2004, 04:16 PM
Can I ask what ichat is? Is it just a chat client like yahoo messenger, Trillian etc..? Or is it another chat service like jabber?

caffy
01-06-2004, 05:03 PM
iChat is a instant messaging program I have seen on friends' Apple Macs.

Very nice, so I was wondering if it could be used on PC (but it doesn't look like it, damn).

Although I might be able to use Neos as an alternative, I am pretty sure that it won't have all the features that iChat actually has.

Let me know if you want to see a screenshot of what it looks like - I have one. Once you've seen it, it might explain why I like it! :)

Baldy
01-06-2004, 06:34 PM
Hi Caffy,
Have you checked out PalTalk. Its a while since I've used it but has some very nice features.
http://www.paltalk.com/PalTalkSite/

Baldy:-)

caffy
01-06-2004, 11:23 PM
Thanks Baldy, downloaded and had a look at the program. Doesn't have MSN, etc on it, just AIM and Yahoo?