PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft free CD full of fixes

Mikejch
29-05-2004, 05:57 PM
Hi,
I have logged on to the site as shown in the May issue of PC World, page 21.
I have filled in all the form as requested.
When I click on submit. Nothing happens.
Has anyone else had a problem or have I missed something?

Baldy
29-05-2004, 06:39 PM
I received my disk weeks ago. Maybe the free offer has closed. Have you tried the MS site itself?

Jester
29-05-2004, 06:43 PM
What browser are you using? I found that it didn't work in Mozilla but did in IE

J
:D

Laura
30-05-2004, 01:02 AM
Welcome to Press F1, Mikejch

Since it was first offered, there have been several threads about various aspects of this Microsoft update CD.

As I recall, some other people had problems with submitting their forms.

The important aspect was getting the Zip code in the correct place, I think - but as I don't have time to check that myself, I suggest you try PF1's Search option for the very first thread on the topic.

It was posted by gerrypics on Feb 21, 2004....named Windows Update Free Cd.
You'll find the Search button at the top right of this screen.
(Later you may wish to follow some of the more recent threads about the CD - or add to them)

Good luck

metla
30-05-2004, 01:19 AM
The zip code requirment has been removed for NZ deliveres.

I waited weeks for mine,then re-ordered and it arrived a week or so later,Then i managed to lose it a week after recieving it...

.................Doh!!

whiskeytangofoxtrot
30-05-2004, 01:42 AM
> What browser are you using? I found that it didn't
> work in Mozilla but did in IE

Who'da thunk it....

Earnie
30-05-2004, 01:22 PM
I had the same problem last week and after posting to F1, I was directed to a link that advised to use all three boxes in the address part of the order form. One for street number, one for the name of your street and the last for street, road, avenue etc. I tried that and all worked fine, hope this helps.

Graham L
30-05-2004, 03:00 PM
I too followed that suggestion of one window for street number, etc., and got an email in return. What I didn't get was the CD package. A few weeks ago, I tried again,and just followed the MS instructions, and I got the CD package on Friday. When I saw the way it was addressed, I saw why I didn't get the other set.

It was addressed to: Graham L
24 Mystreet St
Christchurch
Canterbury

So I suspect the PO didn't try very hard with something addressedGraham L
Mystreet
St This was shown in the email response, when I looked at it. :D

The packet which di get to me was posted from Auckland, so obviously they found the foreign country "Canterbury" OK. ;-)

MS's page says that the ZIP code is not needed for NZ. You could put your NZPO postal code ( I thinkthat mine is 8001 ,but I just left it out).

Billy T
30-05-2004, 03:13 PM
My disk hasn't arrived either and I sent the order as soon as it was announced. I had no problems getting the order to send, and from memory I got an acknowledgement from MS.

But no disk :(

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Graham L
30-05-2004, 03:26 PM
Check the email for the address it was going to be sent to. 3 lines after your name seems to be it. I suspect that MS have a lot of packets coming back as undeliverable. ;-)