PDA

View Full Version : Cyclic Redundany Check error? - Print problems

M@TT
29-05-2004, 04:16 PM
I have a hp Deskjet 3325 Printer, about 6 or 7 months old. I am running it on a win98SE computer via USB.
The problem is 80% of the time whne I try to print something i get the following error:

"There was an error writing to USB001 for the printer (hp deskjet 3320 series): Data Error ( Cyclic Redundancy Check)"

The more complex the print job the more likely it'll flip. After a few tries I get a spool error sometimes.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

static
29-05-2004, 04:23 PM
happens to me when i try to play some of the mp3s on one of my cds as well. My cd happens to be very scratched though. I remember using it as a coaster once lol. But it still works, but i think its got some glitches because of its rough past :p
Maybe something similar is wrong with your harddrive disk or usb port or something?

M@TT
29-05-2004, 04:31 PM
USB should be alright as i have just brought a new motherboard and i had the same poblem with my old one, i was hoping the upgrade would fix it, but anyway. I'll try a scan disc

Graham L
29-05-2004, 04:38 PM
That looks like a hardware problem. It's an error in the data transmission between the computer and the printer. Have you got another USB cable to try? What version of USB (1.1 or 2.0) are you using? A cable rated for 2.0 might help if you have an old cable.

I suppose the first thing to try would be "removing" and reinstalling the printer. That shouldn't make any difference, but ... ;-)

M@TT
29-05-2004, 04:42 PM
Hi
I have removed, reformated, installed several times and that hasnt fixed it. I am using usb 2.0 but i think the printer is only usb 1. As for the cable spec im not too sure, it may just be 1.
As for the cable it used to work fine but ill swap it with a mates one and see if it helps.

thanks

FrankS
29-05-2004, 07:50 PM
Go to
http://thenew.hp.com/country/us/eng/support.html
Enter Deskjet 3325, then dot See support etc, then enter Cyclic Redundancy Check, you'll get 37 answers
The following maybe utterly irrelevant but recently did a memory upgrade, then when I went to print a doc there were all the right signs but the printer refused to print it just put the doc in the print queue. Eventually found out that when I reregistered Word 2000 SR1 the printer was back to normal. Had run XP Home and Word for 2 1/2 years previously with no problems.

beama
30-05-2004, 11:07 AM
You say win98 is your OS which seems to indicate that this may a be an older pc. Modern printer drivers these days put a lot of demands on the cpu ( I even had one refuse to install the drivers because the cpu was not fast enough, an HP Multifunction)My advise is pop on over to to the HP site and see if this printer will run on older drivers as some do, the HP multifunction if I remember correctly used 660c alternative driver (lower cpu demand I guess).Higher demand on cpu more chance of CRC errors.

M@TT
30-05-2004, 07:09 PM
Hi
The pc i am running this on is a amd ATHLON xp 2200+ with 128MB DDR RAM. I am using win98se mainly because i dont want to pay for winxp just yet:D
Therefor hardware shouldnt be too restricting although I would like to upgrade the RAM

M@TT
30-05-2004, 07:11 PM
Nope, tried a Mates cable and no luck, prehaps its a problem with the actual printer?