View Full Version : Tragus USB hub

dwnz2003
28-05-2004, 06:55 PM
I asked targus this question and they didn't fix my problem so here it is\

I have a mobile usb minihub model no: PA060. When i plug it into my XP
Pro machine it says that it finds a usb device then it says found
unknowin usbn device. I have tried it on my parents XP Machine and it
did the same. I have tried it on my server running Windows 2000 AD
server and it said found unkowin device.
My machine was running ME and i used it then and it went fine. It
stopped when i upgraded to XP.
My machine is a Compaq deskpro EP/SB. Please help as ive only got two
usb ports and need more.

Cheers
Daniel

godfather
28-05-2004, 08:02 PM
Are you sure its a model "PA060"? The only one Targus produce that I know of is the PA060U.
While Targus do suggest the PA060U is OK for Windows XP, the user manual and FAQ's for it on the Targus site only talk of Windows 98. Its therefore fairly old USB technology.

It certainly sounds like there is a problem with XP. I have USB devices here that worked under ME but are not useable under 2000 or XP, so its not all that unusual.

This hub is the slower USB 1.1 type, are you trying to run it on USB 1.1 or USB 2.0 ports?

If its doesn't work, then there must be a compatability problem. I did not see any XP drivers available either, so its not sounding good. A new hub may be the solution.

dwnz2003
28-05-2004, 08:35 PM
Sorry i forgot to say that this is an old message and im ow running windows 2000 pro. (because i got a new disk drive and can't use XP keycode again). On the unit it says

Targus Mobile USB Mini Hub
Model no: PA060

I used to use ME and it worked fine on there, why not 2000 or XP? and yes it is only usb 1.1, but all i need it for is a Camera, MP3 Player and Pocket Pc

Daniel

godfather
28-05-2004, 10:26 PM
USB handling is different on Windows 2000 and XP compared to Windows 95/98/ME. I have a USB webcam and USB network adapter that do not work under XP, and no way to make them. They were fine under 98 and ME. Thats progress I guess.

Curious that your CD Key does not work with a new HDD. A legit install requires 5 changes of major items at once before the activation fails.

Microsoft would sort that out for you with a phone call.

dwnz2003
29-05-2004, 12:01 PM
O can i do that with windows XP? becuase he only thing i change was the disk drive, i had a 6gb with XP on it then i got given a 20gb and now i have both in but i have formated the one that had XP on it. Does XP really let you change your disk drive and let you activate it?

Cheers
Daniel

godfather
29-05-2004, 05:50 PM
Xp will let you change about 5 major items at once before you need to ring Microsoft.

A motherboard change would probably trigger it, but things like a HDD and RAM probably don't even count I suspect. I have never had an activation issue, it just goes and does it over the net, takes about 5 seconds.

The activation code is probably reset by MS after 3 months, so it would work anyway after that period.

You still cant use it on multiple machines at once, as it would fail doing Windows Updates.

There would have been no reason at all for you to not reactivate it with a new HDD, however.