PDA

View Full Version : How many times do you have to tell people

hay u
28-05-2004, 04:04 PM
Last time I changed my E-mail address because of junk mail, the person on the help desk said "when you forward a email remove all the visible email address, because when a joke is passed on & on & on & ........" if anybody done the chain is in to spam they can get heaps of valid email address to be burnt on to new "spam CDROM"

One of my friends sorry ex-friend (for different reason) kept my Email address on the To: field instead of the Bcc: entry, and guess what?? now I get junk Email.
However this not too much a problem with clear.net as all the spam mail goes straight into a "spam" folder, so on a normal download you would not see it, until you log on to Clear web site and go to the spam folder. all Clear has to do now is a Auto delete on the spam folder each day, I'm just leaveing the mail there until Clear see fit to try my idea.

paulw
28-05-2004, 05:21 PM
Yep. Gave up trying to educate people to forward to people via the BCC field. Problem in Outlook 2K it's not a default field but hidden.

metla
28-05-2004, 05:25 PM
You have to tell people a minimum of 50 times, if they still persist then its legal to kill them.

True story.

Jams
28-05-2004, 05:39 PM
trying my best to see the point of this post, or is it just to clock the numbers up on your post telly ?

metla
28-05-2004, 05:44 PM
> trying my best to see the point of this post, or is
> it just to clock the numbers up on your post telly ?

Whose that in reference to?

And if other posts are redundant then isn't you making a post to comment on it redundant as well?

Or are you merely posting to increase your post count?

Hell, I know I am, Come judgment day this is exactly the sort of thing St.Peter will be looking at. Post counts will finally matter.

Baldy
28-05-2004, 07:57 PM
Fighting the dreaded spam seems to be easier if you use the Xtra spam filter.
If you haven't got Xtra, hav u thought about installing mailwasher ?

mikebartnz
28-05-2004, 08:00 PM
>I'm just leaveing the mail there until Clear see fit to try my idea.

Or until your mailbox is over the limit and people emailing you have them bounce.

mikebartnz
28-05-2004, 08:02 PM
What is spam to most people may not be to some so it is not up to the ISP to do the deleting.

sam m
28-05-2004, 08:57 PM
> You have to tell people a minimum of 50 times, if
> they still persist then its legal to kill them.
>
> True story.

:) and is encouraged as a way culling out those that are that stupid that they dont even qualify for the Darwin Awards (http://www.darwinawards.com/)

Rod J
29-05-2004, 01:09 AM
I agree with Baldy regarding Mailwasher ... it's the best spam busting tool I've found so far. It makes deleting junk mail a real no-brainer for almost all spam mail.

Growly
29-05-2004, 09:20 AM
> trying my best to see the point of this post, or is
> it just to clock the numbers up on your post telly ?

Well I think that's an unfair statement.

If he really wanted to clock up his post tally...

Growly
he'd

Growly
do

Growly
29-05-2004, 09:21 AM
this.

Scouse
29-05-2004, 11:03 AM
>>Well I think that's an unfair statement.

>>If he really wanted to clock up his post tally...
>>do
>>this

WHY ?

metla
29-05-2004, 12:20 PM
> >>Well I think that's an unfair statement.
>
> >>If he really wanted to clock up his post tally...
> >>do
> >>this
>
> WHY ?

Because

metla
29-05-2004, 12:21 PM
Growly

metla
was

metla
demonstrating

metla
how

metla
its

metla
29-05-2004, 12:22 PM
really

metla
29-05-2004, 12:22 PM
done

Billy T
29-05-2004, 12:40 PM
But nobody really give a rats-arse about post numbers anyway.

There is no special credit awarded for high numbers and any agitation about number milestones is pretty much personal or between friends.

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :|

General
29-05-2004, 01:57 PM
> But nobody really give a rats-arse about post numbers anyway.

> There is no special credit awarded for high numbers and any agitation about number milestones is pretty much personal or between friends.

Correction: Nobody gives a rats-arse about your post numbers as you spout a lot of mindless dribble every Friday evening.

Jams
29-05-2004, 02:33 PM
lol. im liking this thread. 1. metla, sad old metla. you take my reply, (which really didnt warrant any sort of reply) and you run with it, and you continue to run with it, and now you have managed to turn your own post into a completley different subject :D

metla
29-05-2004, 02:40 PM
Heh?

I hardly see how making one single post where i mock you means i run with it and continue to run with it?

And its kinda pathetic that someone who has to question humour can call someone else old and sad,Guess ill just put you in the "dim and deluded" catogory.

Jams
29-05-2004, 03:55 PM
well. i wont i strike you down for catorgorizing me in the dim and deluded section, becuase your probably right, seeing as i dont spend a large portion of my spare time on this forum, not that is a bad thing. there a lot of good things to come of this place, no, i spend my time in tertiary education. as you know, ALL students are DULL. i just come onto this forum to have a good belting at you, as you would of now picked up that i dispise you.

now, i had some reasons to call you sad and old, (admitidly, not justified) as in your posts, you take up the characteristics of an grumpy elderly person, pointing and nagging. i dont see how you could of called me dull deluded, as i do not portray these traits in my posts.

well. all that said and done, i leave you to mosey around. and expect my account to be deleted before this thread comes to a finish.

Cheers :D
Jams

metla
29-05-2004, 04:04 PM
You’re a student?

Where? primary school?

After you first developed this petty little fixation I looked at your website and came to the conclusion that you were 12 years old, and not a particularly bright 12 year old at that, Hence I left you alone. I see little use in matching wits with someone who comes across as a tad slow..

Heres the site if anyones interested.

http://extremedbz.8m.net/

Lmao,Open up your eyes child, You’ve never manages to strike me down or give me a good belting, your account won't get deleted, all you’ve done is made yourself look a bit pathetic.

Graham L
29-05-2004, 04:47 PM
How about reading Bruce's rules?

Abuse and general childish behaviour aren't useful. They are not funny, or "smart".

Metla, you're not impressing me with your maturity.

29-05-2004, 04:57 PM
Metla and Billy T>
Take it easy guys, this doesnt have to get personal. Take a walk and grab a cup of coffee before you make your next post on this thread if you do!

General>
Two out of the Three posts you've made havent exactly been constructive dude, lay off on Billy T, regardless of him having a go at Metla or not. Billy T has and is a great contribution to PressF1, as is Metla, regardless of the little people in this world who have nothing better than to waste their life away taking digs at people in a forum online.

Jams>
Dont aggrivate the situation, its not helpful

Im not in the mood to lock any threads today, Ive got places to go, people to see, so why dont you all take up a hobby like collecting stamps!?

P.S. Im not sure why I didnt get the little chess man, the legend on the main page says I should have??

Billy T
29-05-2004, 05:17 PM
> Correction: Nobody gives a rats-arse about
> your post numbers as you spout a lot of
> mindless dribble every Friday evening.

Welcome back old buddy :^O I wondered how long it would take for you to return with yet another pseudonym. Why can't you be friendly like 99.99% of the other PF1 users?

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Actually, I said nobody gives an R-A about post
numbers, period! Yours, mine or anybody else's included.
Nobody but PostPadCop, whoever he might be now.:D

metla
29-05-2004, 06:22 PM
> Metla, you're not impressing me with your maturity.

And?

did i miss something?

Some damn fool child states he makes posts in order to strike me down because of the fact that his life is so empty he has to devote time to despising me and i'm suposed to worry about impressing you with my maturity?

Jesus freakin christ.

Baldy
29-05-2004, 06:34 PM
> > Metla, you're not impressing me with your
> maturity.
>
> And?
>
> did i miss something?
>
> Some damn fool child states he makes posts in order
> to strike me down because of the fact that his life
> is so empty he has to devote time to despising me and
> i'm suposed to worry about impressing you with my
> maturity?
>
> Jesus freakin christ.
>
>

Whats going on round here? The Jesus comment is not really on Metla

PostPadCop
29-05-2004, 06:34 PM
>>> Multiple PostPad Alert!!! <<<
>> Situation has advanced to DefCon 2 ! <<

> Actually, I said nobody gives an R-A about post
numbers, period! Yours, mine or anybody else's included.
Nobody but PostPadCop, whoever he might be now.

You're absolutely right there Billy. Would you mind telling me how to change the colours of text? Would make for some great special effects!

stu120404
29-05-2004, 06:40 PM
**Goes off & e-mails Bruce & Robo **

bye bye thread.......

;\ ]:)

General
29-05-2004, 06:45 PM
> Welcome back old buddy I wondered how long it would take for you to return with yet another pseudonym. Why can't you be friendly like 99.99% of the other PF1 users?

Oh, who do you think I am exactly? I'm interested...

Well I see we've managed to get the new moderator to come out of their shell and start throwing their toys around. A remarkable result.

If I had to take a guess, I'd say the new moderator is JenC.

Murray P
29-05-2004, 06:47 PM
Paddy :D your a bit late to the show, where have ya been? but, better late than never eh!

You need to know, in your absence there's been a big fall off in standards lately. You really should keep your finger out a little more otherwise things are going from bad to worse. I know, I know... it's a difficult and dirty job with no thanks or appreciation of the dangers involved but you did take it on without complaint, now you have to grit your teeth and finish it.

Cheers Murray ;P

Billy T
29-05-2004, 08:47 PM
> lay off on Billy T, regardless of him having a go at Metla or not.

Hi there Mod, just a minor correction here, I haven't had a go at Metla at all, I was actually supporting his view that post counts don't matter, and it was Jams 4:39 post that made the original comment.

In fact I'm not sure that I've ever had "had a go" at Metla, or anyone else for that matter, personal abuse is just not my style. I've taken the P a few times, and I've made a sharpish point or two to some of the more obnoxious types who think that being boorish is a heap of fun, but that's about it.

Personally I blame it on the budget, it's the gummint's fault.]:)

There's nothing like the smell of money in the air to bring out the alter-egos on a Saturday night.:p

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

My apologies to you Metla if you did think I was
having a go. Though I was not necessarily in
agreement with your choice of words, I was right
behind you with the sentiment expressed.

29-05-2004, 08:49 PM
Billy T>
Point taken, my apologies for reading it that way

Everybody else>
I wanted a nice quiet saturday night, why dont you all go rent a DVD or something and stop with the nasty posts, keep it friendly!

So much for this being an easy Job.

This was not supposed to become a religious debate of all things, so this thread comes to an end.

What a day its been...

Jams
29-05-2004, 08:50 PM
hehe, well you're right about one thing, i was 12 when i did that website, i beleive it was for computer studies, at intermediate school. i have since progressed. and am now half way through my first year at doing my Degree in Multimedia and Design.

lol. you're a big man metla. if i was 12 what difference would that make? a 12 year old offending you and you have been forced to pull out the big guns ? forced to maked fun of a 12 year olds work, displaying it for people, hoping that they would too follow in your act of "pointing and laughing".

now your true colours are showing.. i am happy, and have manged to push so far as to you see you use immature tactics to offend me :).

checkmate :)

have a great day.

Biggles
31-05-2004, 10:48 AM
Right - I have close to zero tolerance for this.

Jams: You said this:

" i just come onto this forum to have a good belting at you, as you would of now picked up that i dispise you."

Do I talk into a vacuum or what? So goodbye.

General: Whoever you are, you new identity has been used to simply cause trouble. Please leave and do not come back.

Metla: Just let them rant and ignore them please.