PDA

View Full Version : New budget ISP

alanw
28-05-2004, 10:58 AM
Just to advise that another budget ISP has just launched.

www.dreamnet.co.nz

Unlimited, nationwide 56k access for $16 per month.
Plus they do have plans for lower use users.

_david_
28-05-2004, 02:55 PM
hi,

reading on their site they have uncapped jetstream starter, not bad. looks pretty good.

dave.

Mike
28-05-2004, 08:41 PM
So how closely are they related to "I4U"? (www.i4u.co.nz)

On one of the Dreamnet pages it says "Click here to join I4U!" :p

And they seem to have the same toll free number. And their order pages are identical.

However their prices are quite different.

I'd never heard of either until just now :)

Mike.

fus1_n
28-05-2004, 09:28 PM
I4U probably want to keep their old customers paying higher prices while they get more new customers under a different name.

cheeky

godfather
28-05-2004, 09:28 PM
The domain name is owned by I4U.

whiskeytangofoxtrot
28-05-2004, 09:30 PM
> So how closely are they related to "I4U"?

Which sounds an awful lot like Net4U... maybe they have risen from the ashes of their first ISP.

DreamNet
29-05-2004, 09:47 AM
Hello Everyone.
My name is Adam and I am the General Manager of I4U and Dream Net.
The prices are quite different yes.
The reason being that Dream Net is structured differently than I4U making our costs for Dream Net lower so in turn we can offer lower prices.

I4U is already cheaper than alot of other NZ ISPs. Dream Net was set up to give New Zealanders the option of paying a very affordable amount for internet access.

If anyone would like to know more please contact us through www.i4u.net.nz or www.dreamnet.co.nz

Capt.Hook
29-05-2004, 09:58 AM
Dreamnet,
Apart from saving a couple of bucks,what other advantages do we receive from changing ISP's ?

Growly
29-05-2004, 10:44 AM
*Sigh*

Not another one....

They can't even get the original pictures of cheesy happy people using computers in a somewhat awkward manner.

DreamNet
29-05-2004, 11:53 AM
Hello,
Dream Net is different from other low cost NZ ISPs.
1. Dream Net offer a toll free number for support 0800 484 393
2. Dream Net do NOT charge extra for spam and virus protection.
3. Dream Net do NOT charge extra to make payments at your bank. Our fees are the same regardless of how you pay.

Dream Net also supply up to 10 email addresses with our accounts, great for large familyies or business people.

DreamNet
29-05-2004, 11:55 AM
I can assure you I4U is nothing to do with NET4U what so ever.
We are a trust worthy ISP dedicated to supplying quality Internet Access to all New Zealanders.

Jen C
29-05-2004, 12:08 PM
Hi DreamNet

You are aware that this is a commercially run IDG site where one pays for advertising? Advertising your ISP service on this forum is not appropriate. You will find this clearly stated in the Rules (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=40651).

Quote:
8) No commercial posting, spamming, or otherwise using the forum to promote products and services purely for your own gain. This doesn't stop you recommending products and services to other users, nor does it stop a vendor discussing their products in relation to a post. But users who post purely to promote their business/website may find their threads deleted along with their user ID.

29-05-2004, 12:37 PM
Lets keep the advertising to a minimum guys,

Im aware that the origional poster may not have had any affiliation with this company, but Im sure that if people wanted Flat-Rate Dial-up for less than $20 per month then they could look in Netguide or wherever.

While Im sure some do appreciate knowing there is competition out there in the low-cost ISP market, this is not the place to tell them, so lets not go there.

Savvy?

Baldy
29-05-2004, 01:07 PM
> if people wanted Flat-Rate Dial-up for less than $20
> per month then they could look in Netguide or
> wherever.

As a moderator, you will soon learn that IDG might like you mentioning a competitors publication in this forum. Especially when they whipped the pants off iMag in the race to see who stayed on the newsagents bookshelves

>Savvy?

I'll have mine between two slices of bread with tomato sauce thanks

BTW: Wheres your chess piece or are you are pseudo-moderator ?

Capt.Hook
29-05-2004, 07:38 PM
Sorry to disagree with you JenC,
but the way I see it, Dreamnet was just responding to a post about his service, and according to rule 8, which you quoted,he is quite entitled to do so.

I have to disagree with Moderator also,as many times in the past,this type of topic has been discussed freely and frequently,without any reference to the rules.So whats the problem with this one?
As a matter of interest,I have no affiliation with said ISP.

Hook.

DreamNet
29-05-2004, 10:17 PM
Hello Capt.Hook
Yes my thoughts too.
I thought I was going by the rule 8 also
As it does state that someone can reply to a post
Please feel free to contact us through our websites

DreamNet
29-05-2004, 11:23 PM
Is moderator a real moderator?
I think he might be some one who has called himself moderator
Where is his chess peice????
.......thinking

whiskeytangofoxtrot
29-05-2004, 11:26 PM
> Where is his chess peice????
> .......thinking

Pretty sure it's the new "stealth user mod" that was introduced after that Billy T guy caused all sorts of problems a few weeks back ;)

stu120404
29-05-2004, 11:32 PM
> Is moderator a real moderator?

I think "moderator" is a real moderator, as (I think)he lock this thread:
http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=47731&start=30&msRange=15

I have e-mail Bruce Buckman to ask if "moderator" is the mod he has appointed

See this thread: http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=47097&message=270224&q=mod#270224 for more information

DreamNet
31-05-2004, 11:30 AM
I see moderator has his chess piece now;)