PDA

View Full Version : Router Problem

Dolby Digital
27-05-2004, 05:29 PM
Greetings,

I have installed a Lectron AR800 external ADSL router to use with Jetstream. Things were working fine until today when Jetstream stopped working. It would appear that the router has reset itself to the factory settings and therefore lost the login details. The previous one was doing it once a week and got replaced, this has been going about 3 weeks and now it looks like its done it too. Could some external event (other than someone actually pressing the reset button on the back) cause the router to do such a thing. There is a fax on the same line with a filter, could that cause a problem. Could some electro-magnetic force upset the memory where the user settings are stored...

Help.

Graham L
27-05-2004, 05:41 PM
Check your manual. I haven't ever played with ADSL routers, but I know that with at least some Cisco routers new settings are just put into RAM. They won't be saved so they will be reloaded each time the router is booted unless you explicitly copy the settings to non-volatile storage.

metla
27-05-2004, 05:47 PM
I have a lectron Router,My opinion is they rate very highly on the suckage meter.

Mine drops the log-in details every thursday morning like clockwork,and at least 2 other times a week at random intervals.

Having said that it hasn't done so for a few days now,.......

Dolby Digital
27-05-2004, 05:53 PM
>>Having said that it hasn't done so for a few days now,.......
Its just a matter of time...

Have you been in touch with your supplier to see what they reckon about Thursday mornings.

The router came in a big box... doesn't that mean its a good un :)

metla
31-05-2004, 01:07 PM
A matter of time indeed,Piece of rubbish had lost its settings again this morning,Unable to even access the admin setting's without rebooting the modem,which removes the log-in details requiring reseting and what-not.

Nasty piece of gear.