PDA

View Full Version : New round of phishing emails strike ** again ** - Westpac scam

stu120404
27-05-2004, 12:24 PM
New round of phishing emails strike

A new wave of phishing emails have begun hitting the mailboxes of NZ Net users. Here's the URL of one phishing site that requests Westpac logins. Please feel free to enter whatever made-up 9-digit customer IDs, and passwords you want so that our evil little friends end up with more chaff than wheat. Fake Westpac Login Screen (http://ebay.dasmarket.biz/wnz/verif.php)

hehe, that will teach them to scam haha

:D ]:)

Scouse
27-05-2004, 03:28 PM
Interesting that when you click that link, you end up with the false Westpac Trust window linked to : DASMARKET.BIZ. However, if you click on the homepage for that Westpac window, you end up on the genuine Westpac site. Clever.

oggy
27-05-2004, 03:46 PM
I've added a couple of bogus IDs. Hope I didn't fluke a real one ... although I don't think anyone would ever use the passwords I put in. (somewhat colourful passwords in the hope that the mongrels who do this sort of thing actually get to read them.) ;-)

Dolby Digital
27-05-2004, 04:56 PM
Did you get the email inviting you to enter your details?

oggy
27-05-2004, 05:01 PM
I didn't get the e-mail. I followed the link in the original post on this thread.

Dolby Digital
27-05-2004, 05:20 PM
Actually I meant did Stu get it...