PDA

View Full Version : Cordless joy stick

JJJJJ
26-05-2004, 10:18 PM
A couple of months ago I bought a Logitech , Freedom 2.4, cordless joystick. I bought it because I was told it was the best.

Problem: I still can't make it work properly.

There is no neutral position on the stick. Take your hand off and things go backward. You need to keep forward pressure on it all the time.

Sometimes it takes up to five seconds to react to a command. Sometimes it is immediate.

I am trying to play Flight Simulator 2004.

It is impossible to fly with any accuracy at all.

Any suggestions??? Don't say throw it away, I've considered that and that is my next move if no one can help. :_| :_| :_|

Jack.

Robby
27-05-2004, 09:44 AM
gidday,

have you tried configuring it? go to controll panel, game controllors,
select the drive for the joystick, and click properties, follow the wizard.

cheers,

Robby

JJJJJ
27-05-2004, 10:09 AM
One Major problem Robby. In my control panel "games controllers" is empty !!
Jack

Sb0h
27-05-2004, 11:52 AM
If Game Controllers is empty I would suspect the joystick is not installed properly. Try downloading the latest drivers and reinstalling it, then you should be able to callibrate it.

JJJJJ
27-05-2004, 12:05 PM
I've got the joystick in control panel now. I had it plugged into a USB 1 port, and it requires USB 2. It shows me the trim buttons, but they don't work. On of them gives an exterior view and the other does nothing.
Even trying to play with just the keyboard I find that half the keys don't do what they are supposed to. They just do nothing.
I give up.
Jack

Curious George
27-05-2004, 09:50 PM
Give up? Well post it on up this way, I'll fix it :D
I remember a specific for the drift you are mentioning, but I can't find it right now. I'm using USB 1, so that's not the problem. My bet is to change to some fresh lithium batteries, my cordless mouse works heaps better with a full charge.
Also, check for possible interference. Mobile phones, wireless networks, microwaves, poltergeists etc etc....