PDA

View Full Version : Internet PAINFULLY slow! (Paradise)

Polk
25-05-2004, 08:08 AM
Hey guys

My internet connection has become painfully slow! It often doesnt connect properly, and when it does its is incrdibly slow!

Is there any tests I can do on my end before I ring up Paradise and start complaining?

Thanks a bunch.

Windows XP, Paradise dial-up.

Chilling_Silence
25-05-2004, 08:33 AM
Virus would be my first bet! Do a virus scan:
http://housecall.antivirus.com

oggy
25-05-2004, 08:58 AM
My Paradise connection has been running at good speed last night and this morning. If that 's any indication, the problem is probably not at their end.

nz_liam
25-05-2004, 09:52 AM
If anyone needs a spare dialup account to test their connection with just let me know. I cancelled my world-net unlimited account after about 5 yeas be cause of reliability problems, and still have half a month left on the contract.

I have had numerous disconnects recently, often every 20 minutes. Then their radius server failed last week in the morning, and again two nights ago at 9Pm, knocking out the dialup, (and their other customers I suspect).

In the end I borrowed a friends Xtra Account to connect and sign up for Orcon, (took about 5 mins, and the account went live instantly), now I have unlimited 56k for $5 cheaper a month, and I havenít had a disconnection since :)

Regards

nz_liam

supergran
26-05-2004, 09:06 PM
I have also slowed down heaps with Paradise for just over the last week, and no, no viruses, dialers, trojans. It is Paradise, and I just haven't got around to changing isps yet, cos I keep waiting for them to get better again, as I hate changing email addressses.

Polk
26-05-2004, 09:56 PM
Im with you on that Supergran. Over the last 6 months or so the quality of paradise has dropped significantly. From the speed of my email arriving (takes a while just for small email) to not connecting properly, taking AGES to connect, and downright crappeness.

I hate changing emails to.

JohnD
26-05-2004, 09:58 PM
Paradise speed here in Timaru is not bad at the moment - dial up access can be difficult at times over the last few weeks (the first time I have had trouble with this in over 2 years).

Robby
27-05-2004, 08:41 AM
gidday,

yep it is paradise, it's been glitchy last few days, seems ok now though.

cheers,

Robby

Woody
27-05-2004, 12:36 PM
No prob's with Paradise.
Connection usually OK with no disconnects & speed generally OK.
Could it be a noisy line - Telecom ??
g/luck

Big John
27-05-2004, 08:34 PM
No problems here at all. Connected 100% of the time via ADSL and speed is just fine.

zoomlens12
27-05-2004, 10:11 PM
I am with paradise too speed not bad 4.5 to 5.9. But sometimes won't go to a site so have too disconnect then reconnect then it goes' too the site. What speed is everyone else is getting ?