PDA

View Full Version : Surround Sound App

M@TT
22-05-2004, 11:10 AM
Firstly I have an Onboard Realtek ALC650 CODEC according to My Motherboard Manual. This supports up to 6 Channel Sound which I have enabled with 2 front, 2 rear speakers and a Sub hooked up to.

The problem is when I want to play music (mp3 and CD's). My media player (Nero Media player and Cybrelink DVD player) either just use the front speakers or dont use the SUB.

The App bundled with my motherboard puts an echo into the sound which makes it a bit useless so I have it turned off.

How can set it it to play the Base across the SUB? Is there some type of Surround Sound App I can use?

M@TT
22-05-2004, 11:11 AM
Oh yeah, and DVD's play their sound fine, probably because they have 5.1 channel sound.

Jester
22-05-2004, 02:12 PM
Music isn't generally encoded in the 5.1 format - usually just two channels, left and right. That's probably the other speakers /sub doesn't work when playing music - it's looking for extra info (rear and subwoofer channels) that aren't there.

J
:D

M@TT
22-05-2004, 02:19 PM
Hi
Yes your right on that, however, i managed to find a prog which filtered it out ok.

thanks for you help

metla
22-05-2004, 03:57 PM
This wont help.

But every 6-channel set-up ive used quite happily played 2-channel music through all 6 speakers.