PDA

View Full Version : Fedora Core 2

Jen C
20-05-2004, 09:56 PM
Just letting those who are interested that the Jetstream Games Server now has the Fedora Core 2 ISO's. Great chance to get them at a super speed without using your data allowance.

ftp://ftp2.jetstreamgames.co.nz/pub/dist/fedora/2/iso/

They don't have the 5th ISO's though which is a rescue CD for Fedora.

Mike
20-05-2004, 10:01 PM
And I noticed yesterday that DSE has Mandrake 9.2 4 CD set (3x installation CDs and 1x Mandrake Move CD) for $8.95 (that's if you don't have jetstream and can't be bothered waiting several days to download over dial-up :D)

Mike.

Jen C
20-05-2004, 10:28 PM
> Just letting those who are interested that the
> Jetstream Games Server now has the Fedora Core 2
> ISO's. Great chance to get them at a super speed
> without using your data allowance.

Geez, I worry about myself sometimes - that was a false alarm, sorry :8}

Um, yeah, those ISO's are actually for the test 3 and not the final Core 2 :8} (just opened my eyes properly this time - must be my bed time - :p)

Anyhow, hopefully JSG will put up the ISO's sometime ...

Chilling_Silence
21-05-2004, 10:06 AM
Its a shame that DSE cant keep up with the latest release....

Oh well, there are specific Linux shops around which will get you the latest for a few extra bucks :-)

How have you found FC2 so far Jen?

Jen C
21-05-2004, 08:52 PM
OK, let me have a second attempt at announcing the ISO's for Fedora Core 2 ..... :p

JSG now has the ISO's on their site - Jetstream Games Server (ftp://ftp2.jetstreamgames.co.nz/pub/dist/fedora/2/iso/)

They only have the i386 iSO's, but there is available x86-64 ISO's and a DVD ISO. There is also a rescue CD which is not available at this stage on the JSG server.

The release notes for Fedora Core 2 are still not yet available on the Fedora Project Homepage (http://fedora.redhat.com/).

Quoted directly from the fedora-announce-list:
Presenting FEDORA CORE 2

STARRING .....
Linux 2.6
GNOME 2.6 & KDE 3.2.2
Xorg 6.7.0

WITH APPEARANCES BY ...
SELinux
IIIMF and the CJK gang
Xfce 4
subversion 1.0
And hundreds of other updated and new packages

MUSIC DECOMPOSED BY ... Homey G of Redmond
BARTENDER ............. The Man from Tettnang
EXECUTIVE PRODUCER .... The Open Source Community
DIRECTOR .............. Red Hat
[end quote]

Unofficial Fedora FAQ site (http://www.fedorafaq.org/)

>How have you found FC2 so far Jen?
Haven't installed it yet, as I need to do some precautionary backup's of my /home partition first. It has to be a clean install since I am currently running a test release of Fedora - hopefully it will be up and running within a couple of days :)