PDA

View Full Version : Software wanted for HTML Design and thoughts on Websites

Chilling_Silence
18-05-2004, 12:06 PM
Greetings,

Ive been working on a couple of websites recently (see PCL, GoWalk, Networking and Watertight at dimension.net.nz) and am thoroughly enjoying the task.

The websites are currently all written in Notepad (Best software Ive come across for the job so far) and while it is good, I hate having to keep clicking back and forth between Firefox (Which I use to check the layout of the pages visually) and notepad to edit it.

Im basically after a small free piece of software that will let me have the HTML code up the top with an up-to-date Realtime view of what my site looks like down the bottom of the window.
I dont need any other super advanced features really, Notepad has proved fine so far.

I liked Quanta+ when using Kde, but sadly Im coding on a Win2K box here at work.

Any thoughts on:
1. The websites
2. What software I could use

Many thanks

Chill.

Jim B
18-05-2004, 12:42 PM
Netscape Composer has a selection to allow you to view directly in a browser window.

Jim B
18-05-2004, 12:53 PM
Mozilla has Composer as well of course.

wuppo
18-05-2004, 10:40 PM
I use 1st Page 2000 from Evrsoft (free). It has a realtime or toggle over preview. It also colourises source text according to content which makes it a lot easier to follow.

Chilling_Silence
19-05-2004, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the input so far guys,

I'll check out 1st Page 2000 (The name rings a bell, Im pretty sure I used it a few years back) and might download the latest Mozilla Suite.

Metla put me on to HTML/Kit....

Are there any thoughts on either the websites, or on any other free software out there?

Cheers

Chill.

Susan B
19-05-2004, 01:46 PM
> I use 1st Page 2000 from Evrsoft (free).

1stPage 2000 is my favourite as well. :-)

wuppo
19-05-2004, 02:39 PM
>1stPage 2000 is my favourite as well.

Must be good - it's got Queen B's stamp of approval :|

-=JM=-
19-05-2004, 04:21 PM
http://www.pnotepad.org programmers notepad. It's quite nice and has a shortcut key to display the page in a window.