PDA

View Full Version : Gamers - would you buy this game?

Jester
15-05-2004, 03:35 PM
http://trademe.co.nz/structure/auction_detail.asp?id=11329973

In a nutshell his buy now price for UT2004 is $350. You can get it for under $80 in NZ.

Be quick - the auction closes in just under 4 hours. The guy has 40 unanswered questions so far, no wonder!

J
:D

Jester
15-05-2004, 03:36 PM
grrrr, sorry about the whole thread turning into a link

static
15-05-2004, 04:42 PM
http://trademe.co.nz/Gaming/PC-games/Other/auction-11545123.htm

Something along those same lines...............
Some people really are ridiculous

dipstick01
15-05-2004, 05:24 PM
Beware of games on Trademe.

Often they have been banned on servers (by cd key) for misbehaviour and so they flick the game to some unsuspecting person and buy another copy.

This means the game is unplayable online which is half the point of a lot of games.
Admin are NOT interested in people who claim to have brought the game and are innocent.

kiki
15-05-2004, 06:03 PM
lol. Entertainment level is high with some trademe auctions.

metla
15-05-2004, 06:40 PM
There are 41 unanswered questions on this auction....

I wonder why?

fergie
15-05-2004, 09:54 PM
Lol
The auction is closed now - so all the Q's are revealed:

>hi, is that price a typing mistake or something? over $200 for a game???
lol

>You can buy the game in a shop for $80. Your asking $300, do you get a 9600XT as well?

>lol.nice price.i think u will get approximately 0 bids.good luck.lol

BUt this one takes the cake:
>Does that buy now price include the crack you've been smoking?

so amusing!

mejobloggs
16-05-2004, 09:55 PM
Best laugh I've had today! $79 from Dick Smiths locally will be fine for me. You're wasted on TradeMe. Go write comedy for TV.

Jester
16-05-2004, 10:02 PM
He's re-listed it again!!!!!!

Wonder what comments he gets this time lol

Link (http://trademe.co.nz/structure/auction_detail.asp?id=11581194)

kiki
16-05-2004, 10:15 PM
I'd imagine that guy smokes the same stuff hamstar does. Either that or he's getting a good laugh out of it with his mates.

robo
17-05-2004, 07:05 AM
Remember, the world is full of all sorts. There are many vendors on trademe floating around with US or other foreign addresses. They seem to attract little interest.

Classic lines I love from auctions:

Was retailing for $27.95, but no longer on shelves!
Really? The RRP on the item was $17.95 at most shops, and it had been cleared by many for $9.95 (perhaps not in your part of Whangarei).

A must have for any XXXXXXXX collector!
Okay, so if it is actually a must-have, they probably already have it.

Serious bidders only
Comedians and clowns need not bid, your money is no good here.

My prices are a little high but that is to cover getting it on e-bay, bringing it to NZ, and a bit of profit for me.
So, you've told the bidders how to get one for themselves, you still expect some bids?

Rare!
As in less than 10,000 were brought in to NZ?

I paid $50 for this and since I took it out of the mint box it could only have gone up in value.
Given that the rule is that items MIB are worth nearly twice that of opened versions, you must have found that one item out there that is worth more when opened.

And then there are the bizarre pricing ones, where the start price is ridiculous. Someone tell them to have a reasonable start price and set a ridiculous reserve, at least they might get some bids and see how high people are willing to go.

I do my best to ignore them, if I can, but you wonder how some manage to do up shoelaces or leave the house.
robo.

Steve Askew
17-05-2004, 09:17 AM
Payment: cash, PAYPAL.COM OR CASH THROUGH THE MAIL

I wonder if they send the game first if you use the cash through the mail option?

Steve

mejobloggs
17-05-2004, 12:55 PM
Ouch! Look, on the new one there seems to be someone serious going for it. Maybe someone should warn them?

Steve Askew
17-05-2004, 01:05 PM
Looking at the guys feedback looks like some people didnt recieve their goods :-(
A bit Dodgy if you ask me

Steve

Murray P
17-05-2004, 01:20 PM
I suspect the first questioner is the sellers alter ego Jonathan. Not so the 2nd one.

Cheers Murray ;P

nz_liam
17-05-2004, 01:41 PM
I've just made him a verry generous offer through the "Ask the seller a question" facility:

"Hi, seeing as "WE ONLY HAVE THE ONE ONCE ITS GONE ITS GONE" I would like to take this opportunity to offer you additional copies of "Unreal Tournament 2004" at the barging price of US$100 each (NZ$165.488), my offer includes World-Wide Freight and I accept Pay Pal. We currently have 5000 copies in stock and available to you at that special discounted price. I hope you will consider my generous and highly competitive offer. Kind Regards."

:D

yingxuan
17-05-2004, 01:52 PM
man i crapped up laughing.The guy who put the auction must be a bit DURR!!!.lol

fergie
17-05-2004, 04:37 PM
>Ouch! Look, on the new one there seems to be someone serious going for it. Maybe someone should warn them?

Lol - na, thts just me, just laying wiuth him - see he answered that question, but theres still 17 odd unanswered (probably all the "whats up wif ya price" etc)

Growly
17-05-2004, 04:40 PM
I really often feel sorry for these people...

fergie
17-05-2004, 06:37 PM
>I've just made him a verry generous offer through the "Ask the seller a question" facility:

LOL!!
See the reply he gave you:

ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE A SELL OUTSIDE OF TRADE ME, BECAUSE THAT IS AGAINST TRADE ME'S RULES AND THEY WILL KICK YOU OFF TRADE ME FOR THAT. I MOST REPORT YOU TO THEM SO THEY KNOW I DON'T DO THINGS THAT WAY.

This guy cracks me up.
He said a simialr thing for my other comment!

Big_Mountain
17-05-2004, 06:47 PM
I can certainly think of better ways of purchasing this game if i wanted to.
I wonder what's going on in that guy's head.

Shaun Minfie
17-05-2004, 07:04 PM
> I can certainly think of better ways of purchasing
> this game if i wanted to.
> I wonder what's going on in that guy's head.

The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round.

Jester
17-05-2004, 07:07 PM
> > I can certainly think of better ways of purchasing
> > this game if i wanted to.
> > I wonder what's going on in that guy's head.
>
> The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and
> round.
>

But this bloke's bus has no passengers ......

Murray P
17-05-2004, 09:12 PM
Looks like the only ones who have asked questions are PF1'ers from this thread. Stop picking on the poor guy...cough, he needs help not to be pocked fun at....cough!

Cheers Murray ;P

Jester
17-05-2004, 09:18 PM
Murray mate - you need something for that cough. This may help ;)

http://trademe.co.nz/Lifestyle/Health-beauty/Other/auction-11492736.htm

fergie
17-05-2004, 09:22 PM
>Murray mate - you need something for that cough. This may help

Lol, anyone else have a feeling that that stuff is only watered down Vicks Formula 44 witha few drops of other things with long, fancy names...

Lol - i dunno - i still can't get over that game though, surely he wouldn't be doing it for fun (well his replies don't suggest this) and the fact that he relisted it after he got all that flak from the previuos auction (and he must be reading them - becuase he's answering some...)

Growly
17-05-2004, 10:13 PM
*sigh* small things...

Murray P
17-05-2004, 10:34 PM
Growly. You start out *sighing* like that over small things next, you'll be getting yourself all wound up and *coughing* over slightly "bigger things" and before you know it you'll be heading over to trademe to get some of that there elixer.

*cough*.....*ark...arrk*

Cheers Murray ;P

nz_liam
18-05-2004, 08:37 PM
Hi,

Thought you guys might be amused at this latest response I posted :D:D

Re: "ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE A SELL OUTSIDE OF TRADE ME, BECAUSE THAT IS AGAINST TRADE ME'S RULES AND THEY WILL KICK YOU OFF TRADE ME FOR THAT. I MOST REPORT YOU TO THEM SO THEY KNOW I DON'T DO THINGS THAT WAY." Absolutely not, had you decided to accept my generous, and highly competitive offer I would have setup an auction with a buy now so that you could purchase the goods through the Trade Me system. Furthermore you will find that I have not broken any Trade Me terms and conditions as I posted by: technet (1 ) 8:31 pm, Tue 18 May

Liam :D

nz_liam
18-05-2004, 08:48 PM
Dam, Trade Me truncated my reply, here's a full transcript:

ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE A SELL OUTSIDE OF TRADE ME, BECAUSE THAT IS AGAINST TRADE ME'S RULES AND THEY WILL KICK YOU OFF TRADE ME FOR THAT. I MOST REPORT YOU TO THEM SO THEY KNOW I DON'T DO THINGS THAT WAY.

Re: "ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE A SELL OUTSIDE OF TRADE ME, BECAUSE THAT IS AGAINST TRADE ME'S RULES AND THEY WILL KICK YOU OFF TRADE ME FOR THAT. I MOST REPORT YOU TO THEM SO THEY KNOW I DON'T DO THINGS THAT WAY." Absolutely not, had you decided to accept my generous, and highly competitive offer I would have setup an auction with a buy now so that you could purchase the goods through the Trade Me system. Furthermore you will find that I have not broken any Trade Me terms and conditions as I posted by: technet (1 ) 8:31 pm, Tue 18 May

As before, Continued: Absolutely not, had you decided to accept my generous, and highly competitive offer I would have setup an auction with a buy now so that you could purchase the goods through the Trade Me system. Furthermore you will find that I have not broken any Trade Me terms and conditions as I have not tried to circumvent the auction process in any way. posted by: technet (1 ) 8:39 pm, Tue 18 May

Continued from last post: Furthermore I would like to point out that in "New Zealand English" we do not "MAKE A SELL", but rather "make a sale", also it is correct grammar to write "I must report" not "I MOST REPORT". posted by: technet (1 ) 8:43 pm, Tue 18 May

Continued from last post: I would also like to note that my generous and highly competitive offer to provide you with additional software at bargain prices still stands, and I still have 5000 units available to you as above, at the bargain price listed above. If you would like to make a purchase just post a reply so I can setup an auction for you. Kind Regards. posted by: technet (1 ) 8:46 pm, Tue 18 May

Liam :D

Growly
18-05-2004, 09:13 PM
Did someone say my name?

I tend to miss small things

*Boodoom... Chi*

OK sorry, I know when I try to be funny I screw up...

*Chokes*

kiki
23-05-2004, 09:55 PM
http://trademe.co.nz/structure/auction_detail.asp?id=11581194

Some more interesting comments to note :^O

Jester
23-05-2004, 10:01 PM
but you have to remember it had

***TO MANY EXTRAS TO LIST***

It was SPECIAL!!!!

Too bad we all thought he was the "special" one.