PDA

View Full Version : Graphics Card, Which would you choose between.........



Hawk
07-05-2004, 05:45 PM
ATI Radeon 9200 , 128MB, 8xAGP OR

Leadtek WinFast A360LE TD-128 GeForce FX5700 LE AGP8X


Which is the better?????


Thanks

robert6655
07-05-2004, 06:22 PM
the 5700 definately, with the exception of the 9200se the 9200 is undoubtedly the worst of the current generation video cards

Growly
07-05-2004, 08:41 PM
I agree, the GeForce FX 5700 is the best there, but that is not to say that the others are bad, or by any means the worst.

Like it has been said before, please make sure you state that it is your opinion.

metla
07-05-2004, 08:49 PM
Yeah,dont let the facts get in the way...oh wait.

The 9200 is a sham,its the same chipset as used in the 7500,the 9200SE (special edition...pppfffttt)is the same card but with an even slower clockspeed.

This is old technology given a new box,the only difference between the many years old 7500 and the 9200 is the fact that the 9200 is labeled 8xagp,which is pure arrogance,the card does not have any where near enough grunt to need more then 4xagp,i wouldnt be surprised if it couldnt make use of the bandwidth of 2xagp.

While i disagree with nvidia repacking old cards as new models,and releasing new cards that have less performance ATI in this case have seriously out done them in the con-artist stakes.

metla
07-05-2004, 08:51 PM
Oh,based on fact btw,not opinion.

Growly
07-05-2004, 08:54 PM
Man, is it me or was that whole thing one huge spite against me?

So much negativity....

RobbyW
07-05-2004, 09:33 PM
Yeah i would pick the 5700, solely for the fact that the 9200 is comparitivly useless. Normally i would pick the Ati card as ive never had an ATI that fried but nVIDIAs seem to enjoy doing so!

metla
07-05-2004, 10:12 PM
> Man, is it me or was that whole thing one huge spite
> against me?
>
> So much negativity....


um.....That wasn't meant as a spite against anyone,your alright in my book.However when it comes to the merits of any hardware there are always facts involved.

willie_M
08-05-2004, 12:20 AM
Ahhh, metla... your is actually spelt you're in that context...

/me asks for it
:D :^O

jokes, lol...

Rob99
08-05-2004, 02:15 AM
I have just installed two Gigabyte Radeon9200SE cards in two different computers one with on-board graphics and on without, setup was easy on both.
I was impressed with the performance when I loaded large (132Mb) photoshop file and did a gradient fill, didnt have time to make a cuppa.
So based on my 30 minute experience using the Gigabyte Radeon9200SE card, I would say you cant go wrong especially for the price, I paid about $95 each.

Rob ;\

Growly
08-05-2004, 10:42 AM
> > Man, is it me or was that whole thing one huge
> spite
> > against me?
> >
> > So much negativity....
>
>
> um.....That wasn't meant as a spite against
> anyone,your alright in my book.However when it comes
> to the merits of any hardware there are always facts
> involved.
>


Oh well that's good. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Uh, well I'm not really feeling very well right now, so I'll just say that the 9200 and the 5700 arent even in the same bracket.

RobbyW
08-05-2004, 10:46 AM
Yeah, when its raw performance you want, then you shouldnt be looking at a 9200!

Growly
08-05-2004, 10:50 AM
Come again?

Alan Cottrell
08-05-2004, 12:43 PM
Hello Hawk,

You are comparing a card retailing at close to $300.00 with one retailing at close to $100.00, so logic would lead you to the conclusion that you must be getting something extra for another $200.00.

The 9200SE only supports DirectX 8.1 and is based on the older ATI 8500 chipset (not the7500 as elsewhere stated) the 5700 on the other hand supports DirectX 9.

The question you need to ask youself is do you need or want that extra support and can you use that extra $200.00 somewhere else to better effect (larger Hard drive, DVD writer etc)

I find when people who are not avid gamers are shown the facts of what all these frame rates etc mean in the real world to them, they usually are happy to go with the 9200 and spend the extra elsewhere.

As a matter of interest to you, go to the following link http://www20.tomshardware.com/graphic/20031229/vga-charts-16.html

Toms Hardware looked at this very issue, their findings are interesting, you will see that on a bang for buck basis the 9200 cards are up there with the best you can buy, if frame rates are important to you go with the 5700 or the ATI 9600 available cheaper than the 5700.

Regards
Alan

metla
08-05-2004, 12:45 PM
Doh!!....Nothing like raving on about the "facts" and having the facts wrong.

Oh well,one number out on the model number,I've done worse.

Growly
08-05-2004, 06:41 PM
Who what now?

RobbyW
09-05-2004, 09:48 AM
> Who what now?

I beleive that he's saying that he said "7500" instead of "8500"