PDA

View Full Version : How to convert VHS to SVCD ?

chinadoll
21-04-2004, 11:03 PM
I have some VHS video tape, which I took many years age when I was in hoilday and would like to convert into SVCD format into disks to keep.

My question is that, where and how I should begin ?

My systems is P4- 2.8g. 1g memory,G/gorce FX5600 vedio i/o. 80g hd, Asus P4C motherboard.

Can anyone help me with step by step instruction?

Thank you.

robo
22-04-2004, 07:03 AM
I can't help with step by step because I don't know what software you might have for handling the video input, the video card may have come with something.

First step is connecting up the VCR to the video in, and the audio in, and make sure you can play the VHS on the PC. If you are getting both video and audio, then recording from there shouldn't be too bad with the right software. The player may even record.

robo.

chinadoll
22-04-2004, 07:54 AM
Thanks Robo, for the first step info.

Now, I need the following step help ? Please !

Thank you.

robo
22-04-2004, 08:57 AM
CD
What software are you using/have got?
Or do you need to know that too?
robo.

godfather
22-04-2004, 09:11 AM
My Video card (with Video In and Video Out) came with InterVideo software and I used the InterVideo WinCoder to capture the video input to a mpg file, then used Nero to write the VCD.

Connect VHS Video AVI output to PC Video Input
Connect the VHS Audio AVI output to Line Input on the PC sound card
Start the WinCoder program,
Start the VHS player.

When the file is recorded, start Nero
Select VCD
Drag and drop the file.
Record

That is it, step by step.

Steve_L
22-04-2004, 02:43 PM
Godfather, can Nero convert avi format to VCD?

godfather
22-04-2004, 04:23 PM
From Nero Help:

When you create a video CD, uncompressed video files are automatically converted into MPG-1 format without having to change any settings.

To create a Super Video CD, you either need to have your data in MEG-2 format already or you will need to convert your files into this format using the DVD plugin, which you can buy at an extra charge.

chinadoll
22-04-2004, 04:34 PM
To Robo, yes I do.

To godfather, My G/force FX5600 does come with InterVideo software. I am going to dig it out and try it. If I have any more problems I will post again.

Thanks a lot.