PDA

View Full Version : Flight Simulator 2002

Big_Mountain
21-04-2004, 12:00 PM
Hi

I just have a little problem with my flight simulator controls and would like to ask a few questions.

I do not have a joystick. So i use keyboard to play Flight Sims.

First of all is the Num Pad 5 key, that key us supposed to be assigned for "center all ailerons and rudder". Does that mean if I'm in a turn or pitching up for down, and then press 5 on the Numpad would bring the plane back to straight and level flight? If it does then the Numpad 5 key doesn't seem to work on my keyboard, during a turn or pitching up or down, then I press Numpad 5, the plane has no reponse and continues to turn or pitching up or down. Why does this happen, how would i fix it?

Secondly is another control, it is the rpm power control, when I need to reduce or increase the rpm power of the engine or increase it, how would i do that?

I am a beginner at Flight Sims so please excuse me if my questions turn out to be a bit stupid.

Cheers

gerrypics
21-04-2004, 12:06 PM
Try pushing the numlock button first.
Power settings = F1,F2,F3,F4

metla
21-04-2004, 12:08 PM
Buy a joystick.

Honestly,this will actually make the sim enjoyable.

fergie
21-04-2004, 12:11 PM
Hi

I use FS 2004 - and with a joystick - but i think 2002 won't be much different.

When i press Num Pad 5 - all it does is center the rudder, i'm sure it doesn't center the ailerons - but becuase i use a stick - it may be different.

Also - check that the '5' button works anyway - try typing with it - work?

As for the RPM control - just change the throttle/engine power.
On 2004 ( i use the joystcik throttle) but i think its num pad 9 and 3 (but MAKE SURE the num lock lite is off - same for when using 5 - otherwise it just changes views)
BUt you're best to go into teh settings -a nd look at all the controls - it'll have it in there.

And if you plan on using Flight sims more often - i'd reccomend getting a joystcik - you can ok ones on trademe for less than $20.
I really want to get me a Flight Yoke (the proper sticks hat most civil aircraft use) but only 1 or 2 companies make them - so they're hard to find - and cost a bit :(

Hope this helps

gerrypics
21-04-2004, 12:34 PM
As fergie & metla say the joystick is the way to go but in the mean time have a look here: http://sal.neoburn.net/imagef1/files/FS_Key_Commands.jpg

Dolby Digital
21-04-2004, 12:44 PM
>>If it does then the Numpad 5 key doesn't seem to work on my keyboard, during a turn or pitching up or down.
The controls will be centered but a aircraft in a constant turn will stay in that attitude until opposite control is applied (in simple terms).

I agree with Metla, get a joystick with a button at the top of the joystick which allows you it move your view. Likewise, a throttle on the joystick gives much better throttle control for landing. Its great.

I find flying with the keyboard takes all the enjoyment out of it.