PDA

View Full Version : Rundll32 problem

fryup
18-04-2004, 08:40 PM
i run windows xp professional on a p4 2.4ghz, 512 ram system on a assus motherboard. most of the time now ma pc freezes suddenly and i really couldnt find a reason for it, cuz windows doesnt even say it recovered from a serioud error at the start when i reboot, nor are the disks checked for consistency. but what i did notice is that when i close the file rundll32.exe i've seen the processor usage go down heapss like 100% to 35% & the pc rarely then freezes. i tried replacing the file from a mates pc but still the problem remains. also my login time has greatly increased. i clokd the time to resart , & login and to load the desktop items to come like 30s now it takes like a 1.5 - 2.5 mins to do all that.
if reinstalling windows is my last option, i'm still playing need for speed underground will i loose my profile as in do i hav to play the whole game again. i hav cheked for the filr bridge.dll / bridgeddl.exe which i hav found to be the solution provided mostly in the web but the file isnt in my pc. can u also tell me how to extract this file directly from the windows xp cd

Susan B
18-04-2004, 08:50 PM
You have already posted (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=46364&message=263077#263077) this problem earlier today and were given a couple of suggestions. You were also asked for more information, which you have not supplied.

It is not a good idea to keep starting new threads on the same problem as people are not able to keep up with the problem's history therefore everyone, including you, will just keep going around in circles getting nowhere.

Go back to your other thread and answer the questions asked and someone else may have more advice to give.