PDA

View Full Version : modified IE http header



confus
17-04-2004, 03:45 PM
I'm hoping this is a easy question but so far have gotten
nowhere :(

one of IE's http headers has been modified and a certain
site won't allow it because it claims it keeps getting
invalid data, this site is critical to my connection, I checked and its because of the thing in
the header:

Accept-Language: en-nz
Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~: ~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT
5.1)
Host:
Content-Length: 21
Connection: Keep-Alive
Cache-Control: no-cache


I have no idea what ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~: ~~~~~ ~~~~~~~ is but
no matter what I try (removing registry entries)
reinstalling IE, removing all personal settings/resetting
IE to default I cannot get rid of it and everything else is my headers is supposed to be there

I'm running a fairly clean and newly installed windows XP, the only a browser extensions I have installed are googlebar and stumble upon and turning off third part extensions in internet options has no effect

so I am hoping someone here has a solution, please :)