PDA

View Full Version : WFTWE #98...Fidimplicitary...Does Bin Laden's truce offer grab you?.....

Billy T
16-04-2004, 11:01 PM
Fidimplicitary

adj. - Fully trusting someone, trustworthy

Sort of a follow on to last week's WFTWE Antinomian If you missed it, read about it Here. (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=46104)

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :|

I'm not sure he's a fidimplicitary person.
Offering a truce to people who don't attack
muslims doesn't come with any guarantee
that al Qaeda won't take a fairly liberal
interpretation of "attack", given that all
non-muslims are infidels in the eyes of a true believer.

StevieRay
17-04-2004, 11:23 PM
, given that all non-muslims are infidels in the eyes of a true believer.

Yes, and ALL Muslims are towel-heads in the eys of most RedNecks

agent
18-04-2004, 12:52 AM
How about given that true followers of Islam don't have the time for violence?

Billy T
18-04-2004, 12:01 PM
Interesting contrast of views:

> Yes, and ALL Muslims are towel-heads in the eyes of most RedNecks

I've never heard that expression before, and it smacks of intolerance that runs way beyond differences in religious belief. I assume you are not subscribing to that view yourself Stevie?

>> How about given that true followers of Islam don't have the time for violence?

Another interesting viewpoint. It seems to me that most (traditional) religions have their roots in peaceful co-existence, all men are equal etc, yet somehow intolerance manages to creep in and after that it all turns to custard.

Cheers

Susan B
18-04-2004, 12:55 PM
> It seems to me that most (traditional) religions have their roots in
peaceful co-existence, all men are equal etc, yet somehow intolerance manages to creep in and after that it all turns to custard.

Unfortunately that appears to be part of human nature. I doubt we will ever be rid of it (intolerance). :-(

Still, we can all try.

agent
18-04-2004, 02:18 PM
The statement I made was based on reading an article in the Herald the other day, whereby a NZ Muslim said that they are increasingly being seen as terrorists (or supporters of terrorism) in the eye of the public. So as far as some people around here may think, it could be propaganda.

It is quite sad that public opinion can be swayed that much based on the actions of so-called terrorists (take a look at the US, they themselves are terrorists on a much larger scale).

It sounds as though many European countries do not want to appear to give in to the demands of terrorists, yet they [often willingly] give in to the demands of the US. One person's terrorist is another person's freedom fighter. Many more people have died at the hands of the US than those who have died due to attacks against the US.

My, what a twisted world we have on our hands. ;)

Billy T
18-04-2004, 07:10 PM
> My, what a twisted world we have on our hands. ;)

You are not wrong there agent.:( And sadly, if you have read much in the way of history, it was ever thus.

Reading about the Crusades, one finds that history has a familar ring................

Cheers