PDA

View Full Version : Burning a CD

Kibito
13-04-2004, 03:41 PM
Heya.

I'm having a bit of trouble burning a CD.

Basically I have heaps of documents and stuff from school which are like 690 something megs right. I try to burn them on a 700mb cd with Nero but it says the cd doesn't have enough capacity.

I used to have Win XP pro and using the built in cd burner I burnt docos around 690mbs no problem. I'm just wondering if theres some sort of setting I can change so it burns the cd without this not enough capacity error or a program that doesn't have this issue????

Thanks

somebody
13-04-2004, 03:43 PM
Does the same problem happen if you tell Nero to "Finalise" the CD after burning? I find that when I burn a CD close to it's capacity, if it isn't "finalised", Nero won't let me burn it.

flying_green_leprachaun
13-04-2004, 04:22 PM
Also check what Nero Considers the Max CD size as you can set it to any particular Value. I.E. you could tell Nero to think that any data over 500 mb is to much.

This is set from the Preferences toolbar option (which could be in a number of places depending on the version of Nero your running.

Personally I kinda doubt that is the problem tho.

Are you sure the Media that you are attempting to burn to are rated above 650 mb?

Have you tried any other burning Software?
Roxio? thats a nice easy to use one & I am pretty sure they offer a Demo to test out

Kibito
13-04-2004, 04:24 PM
Setting the cd to finalise fixes the prob.

Cheers.

Course I still miss the built in burner from Xp pro :(