PDA

View Full Version : A message for beetle.

Billy T
11-04-2004, 03:25 PM
> i get the feeling with this candy thing, ya just had
> to be there and since we wernt, we just dont fit in
> or get the joke sometimes......
>
> but then some of us are never gonna make the grade no
> matter what... :p

Sorry beetle, I was away and missed your last post on my jewel case thread. It seemed pointless to respond there, so I figured a new post would be in order since the "candy thing" has reared its head several times before.

Perhaps I can explain:

Candy was the web address for the beta testing phase of the new version of PF1, the one we use now. A number of the "old" Forum members volunteered to test it before it went live, and since we couldn't do too much serious posting on a site that was not yet public, the content was heavily OT and strong on humour, (off the wall even, sometimes). In fact, WFTWE was born there, originally as Word For The Day and probably in response to some post or another.

We found a few problems with the forum software and made suggestions for improvements in other places, but the crowning moment (for me) was finding out how to crack open locked posts, only it took me a lot longer than the rest.:( (That loophole was rapidly closed!)

There's not many of the original beta testers left now, but a cameraderie was established, and enjoyed, that has been duplicated and maintained here on PF1, regardless of whether posters were beta testers or not.

You don't have to make it or "fit in" at all beetle, you made it a thousand or so posts ago; you and all the others who call PF1 home when problems arise, or you feel the urge to help a fellow computer user in need.

One of the key things about Candy was that it set the "keep it friendly" tone, no matter how off the wall the posts were. Anyway, it is all Candy now, everyone is included, but the friendly history is why some of the longer-term posters do get a bit minty with those who post put-downs, or get mean and nasty over nothing.

To paraphrase Bruce's advice: The key advice we all have to remember is that if we haven't got anything nice (or helpful) to say, we should say nothing.

Nobody likes to see their friendly neighbourhood go to the dogs.

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :)

beetle
11-04-2004, 10:15 PM
Ya know i missed this post quite a few times tonight due to tiredness and ? been a long busy day. wasnt expecting to see my name pop out from the screen as a topic thread.
?:|

and when i first saw it i thought god what have i done wrong now....

who or what have i said to tick off now? :D

i wasnt being mean or horrible about Candy, i know some of what went on, and frankly it doesnt bother me i wasnt there,

and to hit a few points you made:

i dont like being horrid to anyone the same as most people round here.
but i am not really sure why you went to all this trouble to explain to me??? in a special post too?
i wasnt being horrid, i was just joking about, I do this often, but not always takin the way i intend, so no offense meant to any one in that post, reading / posting or otherwise.

helping others is not my strong point when it comes to comps, i still ask way out stupid questions, but find at times my questions help more than just me.
the digital camera threads all 3 of them have helped me immensly, hopefully others to.

but this candy thing was not a issue, BT, i was joking, and not out to get any one, least of all you.

if knowledge came with the amount of posts you do post, my post count must have been harvested by spam harvesters, as i have way more than im entitled to, or worth.

and it seems i am very good at waffle filling a post like others round here,

any way, i guess a thank you is in order but, still didnt expect any output from you BT, i am way confuzzelled on this one.

spot ya

beetle

Young Tom
12-04-2004, 07:52 AM
>but i am not really sure why you went to all this trouble to explain to >me???

Billy can't help interfereing,it's his nature.
On the whole he means well,you might say one of natures grannies.

Growly
12-04-2004, 10:11 AM
I think that the title actually drew more people to this post... or was it my nack for being noisey?

Anyway... *wipes tears* well said...

Billy T
12-04-2004, 11:14 AM
Sorry beetle, I didn't expect or intend to confuse you.

It was a separate post because it was highly likely you wouldn't see it if I replied in the old jewel case post, and I didn't want to revive that one again either.

It was a simple explanation, nothing more, nothing less, and was simply for background information only. Your post was a simple query, no criticism was called for or necessary, and in the middle was a compliment to you as a longstanding and respected member of the PF1 community.

As for Young Tom ]:) Us grannies never interfere, we are too kind hearted. Anyway, it is not possible to interfere on PF1 unless you post wildly off topic with unhelpful comments, blatant or thinly veiled criticism, or with the clear intention of stirring.

Besides, I'm supposed to be Susan now remember, so I have to show my feminine side.:D

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :|

Jester
12-04-2004, 11:34 AM
OMG, you are Susan, Billy !!?????

goes and burns all those old love letter emails from 'susan' and takes a three hour shower

;)

prayingmantis
12-04-2004, 12:09 PM
> OMG, you are Susan, Billy !!?????
>
> goes and burns all those old love letter
> emails from 'susan' and takes a three hour shower
>

LOL!!! hehehe!!! :^O:^O

:D

Poor Jester :D

Susan B
12-04-2004, 12:23 PM
> One of the key things about Candy was that it set the "keep it friendly" tone, no matter how off the wall the posts were. Anyway, it is all Candy now, everyone is included, but the friendly history is why some of the longer-term posters do get a bit minty with those who post put-downs, or get mean and nasty over nothing.

Billy, you have the very happy knack of putting my thoughts and sentiments into words far better than I ever can. That is exactly what I meant when I referred to Candy in your other thread. ;-)

> Besides, I'm supposed to be Susan now remember, so I have to show my feminine side.

Nah, forgeddabout it Billy, it ain't gonna work. Can't fool nobody around here. :p :D

Beetle: Settle down, you haven't done anything wrong. :p :D

Susan B
12-04-2004, 12:37 PM
> OMG, you are Susan, Billy !!?????
>
> goes and burns all those old love letter
> emails from 'susan' and takes a three hour shower
>
"Take me down to the paradise city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty"

<Drags Jester out of shower>

Oh Jester, don't do that, it ain't true...... really, it ain't true!!! :O

Pleeeeeeease believe me! Look, I'll prove it to you.... ask ummm...... let me see...... oh yeah...... ask Graham L, he will tell you!

BTW Jester, I still have that gorgeous pic of you, you know. ;-) :8}

Jester
12-04-2004, 01:00 PM
hops back in shower, shaking uncontrollably, and wonders whether the on-line councellor (sp?) still frequents chat F1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Beetle - it's people like you that make this place a community, we all feel as if we know you and your PC[b[ VERY [/b]well, have shared your trials and tribulations, and have emitted a collective groan each time we receive our PC World CDs and see a new program in it that we know you will try out ;)

beetle
12-04-2004, 03:55 PM
What The $%^# are you guys doing to my thread / post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p

ROFLMAO.

so when the next post comes up hey beetle or something stupid how many others are gonna post in it?
lol

no worries people post all the amount ya like.

BT still bit worried about you but hey whats new.
Susan, ???? dunno, of course i havent done anything wrong....never do i do anything wrong :p

Jester darling, really its fine, as far as i know Susan is all female........
any way there's lots of us females about so, you wont be lost for company here on pf1.

and well got to keep up appearances like ya know, so ill bit part of the furniture for a while yet,

and this Candy business really not a big deal so to get a post just for me no matter who posted it, is cool, to see my name plastered over PF1 is quite something ya know, should try it sometime....... :D

and Young Thom you seem to know PF1 proticol very well and all about BT so who would you be in disguise????
anyone familiar ?

and would love to see this pic of Jester sometime wouldnt we PF1 people .....Susan?

any way thanxs guys / girls feel free to read my posts sometime.....:p and i have not touched a PC world cd since last episode so you can breath easy this week, homework will get in the way big time....

spot ya people......

think of some of you as my extended family, or brother's / sister's or even the Godfather i havent got.....:D

and just look at how much gossip and curiosity this one post has stirred up, and all ya got to utter is BEETLE!!!!!

ya gotta laugh.....

beetle

Neil McC
12-04-2004, 05:00 PM
"and well got to keep up appearances like ya know, so ill bit part of the furniture for a while yet,"

Please,please don't do that,as we spray inside our house each year,to get rid of beetles who want to be a part of our furniture!!

:_|

beetle
12-04-2004, 08:53 PM
LOL

well it seems so far then im indestructable......:D

and have many happy lives to live...

and bother. :p

beetle