PDA

View Full Version : Paradise,spam, and Brightmail

TonyF
10-04-2004, 11:48 PM
I have just discovered, through phone calls from family and others, that messages via Paradise to Paradise users were not getting through. Later found to be in recipients spambox on Paradise. Calls to help desk had no answers. Messages to myself ended up in my spambox. Third call to Paradise help got a local who established that Brightmail seemed to have me as a spammer. Having run Nortons, Adaware etc I think I am clean. Maybe one of my Email contacts has a problem. Help desk person said he would refer it up the line.
Anyone else had this ?

Cheers TonyF ( squeaky clean...)

yingxuan
11-04-2004, 12:31 PM
Umm ..Let me go try.I can log on to my friend's isp paradise account and im using paradise too.hold onn..

yingxuan
11-04-2004, 12:36 PM
Nope.Everything is going to my inbox.

Everytime you call paradise they'll put you on hold.Wait about 5 minutes then they will redirect a call.The person at the other end will respond straight away.
Thats how they answer the phone
They put the person on hold for 5 mins first then te phone will ring again after which a staff answers the phone
They do that everytime although about 10% of the time they answer the phone straight away

yingxuan
11-04-2004, 12:39 PM
o.One more thing
If u logon to your paradise email and the emails are in the spam box.Go to the spambox from the site.Tick your family's emails and click "move to inbox"
Maybe this will help moving all your family's and friends to the inbox and not the spambox in the future

Jester
11-04-2004, 03:53 PM
I think Tony's problem is that, in Paradise's opinion, he is a spammer, so paradise are putting all his emails to other Paradise members in the spam folder.

Tony, email Paradise again, and request that they sort it out.

It also raises the question ... if Paradise blocks their own account holders as spam, do they therefore quasi-allow that behaviour?

J
:D

TonyF
11-04-2004, 04:59 PM
> I think Tony's problem is that, in Paradise's
> opinion, he is a spammer, so paradise are
> putting all his emails to other Paradise members in
> the spam folder.
Exactly right.
> Tony, email Paradise again, and request that they
> sort it out.
Got onto Helpdesk this morning, and chap said hold while he checks the position. LAst nights chap had indeed raised a fault report, and I was told it would be sorted out in a couple of days. What ! said I ! Well maybe quicker than that ...
Ah well... I've no idea what might have triggered it off.
Cheers T

TonyF
14-04-2004, 08:32 PM
> I think Tony's problem is that, in Paradise's
> opinion, he is a spammer, so paradise are
> putting all his emails to other Paradise members in
> the spam folder.
>
> Tony, email Paradise again, and request that they
> sort it out.
Contacted help desk Sunday evening about action on the incident report which had been initiated, and was told that there were no techs on over the weekend to deal with it !!! Finally got a message from a Webmaster last evening ( Tue) asking a question. I replied and got an autoresponse saying would be replied to within 4 working days.... Finally got through to help desk tonight (Wed) and the desk chap went off to speak to the Webmaster, who said it would have to be referred up to another level, which might take another 2 days !!
In the meantime I can not send anything to another Paradise address. I must say this aspect of Paradise service is pretty poor, and I hope someone from Paradise monitors this Forum.
Grumpy in Johnsonville...

Jester
14-04-2004, 09:39 PM
>>I must say this aspect of Paradise service is pretty poor,

I agree. I was a Paradise customer for some time, then changed ISP's last year. They still haven't refunded the $40 odd dollars I had with them in credit. My emails have been responded with the auto-response, phoning didn't help, they weren't able to access my account - I have written the debt off basically, and will tell anyone who wants to listen not to operate your account in credit with Paradise.

All the best, Tony.

J
:D

TonyF
16-04-2004, 07:49 PM
> > I think Tony's problem is that, in Paradise's
> > opinion, he is a spammer, so paradise are
> > putting all his emails to other Paradise members
> in
> > the spam folder.
> >
> > Tony, email Paradise again, and request that they
> > sort it out.
> Contacted help desk Sunday evening about action on
> the incident report which had been initiated, and was
> told that there were no techs on over the weekend to
> deal with it !!! Finally got a message from a
> Webmaster last evening ( Tue) asking a question. I
> replied and got an autoresponse saying would be
> replied to within 4 working days.... Finally got
> through to help desk tonight (Wed) and the desk chap
> went off to speak to the Webmaster, who said it would
> have to be referred up to another level, which might
> take another 2 days !!
> In the meantime I can not send anything to another
> Paradise address. I must say this aspect of Paradise
> service is pretty poor, and I hope someone from
> Paradise monitors this Forum.
> Grumpy in Johnsonville...
To continue. No action by 4.30 PM Fri. Finally got hold of a help person ( long wait) who spoke to Webmaster, who said matter was with the Brightmail folk, and it might take 5 ( 5 !!!) working days to get an answer, and that it was now out of their hands. I now find that all my Emails out are being marked spam, and that those which go to Xtra are being deleted ! I think I will compile a letter to PCWNZ about this level of customer consideration.
Even more Grumpy in Johnsonville.

TonyF
17-04-2004, 12:57 PM
> To continue. No action by 4.30 PM Fri. Finally got
> hold of a help person ( long wait) who spoke to
> Webmaster, who said matter was with the Brightmail
> folk, and it might take 5 ( 5 !!!) working days to
> get an answer, and that it was now out of their
> hands. I now find that all my Emails out are being
> marked spam, and that those which go to Xtra are
> being deleted ! I think I will compile a letter to
> PCWNZ about this level of customer consideration.
> Even more Grumpy in Johnsonville.
>
I found on Saturday morning ( by sending test messages to myself) that I was still a spammer at 9 AM, but clean by 10 AM !
And has Paradise told me ? Well, no. Ah well .....