PDA

View Full Version : WFTWE #97.....Paschal.....It's going to be one of those weekends.....

Susan B
09-04-2004, 06:01 PM
Paschal

Adj. - Pertaining to Easter, or Passover.

But that's not the real WFTWE, I saved that for the curious who like to peek inside my post to see what else might be hidden there.

The real WFTWE is Antinomian

N. - One who holds that belief in Christ frees someone from normal legal and moral obligations.

I just love this one, it exposes the fundamental flaws in religious dogma for all shades and shapes of ecclesiastical belief.

Just pause and think about it for a moment: Religion as the justification for all evil, duly sanctioned by the appropriate deity.

Your god is not my god, therefore you are a heathen in the eyes of my god and whatever I may do in His name is justified. And as he promises me, I will be richly rewarded in my heaven.

Which, of course, has a different Zip Code and Web address to your heaven. :D

Cheers

Billy 8-{) ]:)

No offence intended to PF1'ers of any faith or belief,
it's just that you can't all be right, so someone
is going to be disappointed for sure.

stu140103
09-04-2004, 08:57 PM
is Susan B Billy T? ]:) :D :p

hmmmm :D

hehe

Susan B
09-04-2004, 09:02 PM
> is Susan B Billy T? ]:) :D :p
>
> hmmmm :D
>
> hehe

Uh oh...... oooops!!! :O

Oh damn!!

;-)

JohnD
09-04-2004, 09:53 PM
>N. - One who holds that belief in Christ frees someone from normal legal and moral obligations.

I think you are being a bit of a stirrer!!

Not many people from a "normal" Christian environment believes this - how does it fit in with Romans 13:1?

Winston001
09-04-2004, 10:01 PM
Well Susan, I was astonished to find my good lady wife, curled up with her book not three feet away ( >900mm), knew what Paschal meant before I could even load the page. Being Jewish helped.

And Antimonian fits very well with a study of the Inquisition which I have just started reading. A history of crimes carried out over two centuries in the name of protecting Christianity.

On a lighter note, the practise day for the Wanaka Airshow was glorious. Highly recommended. Just dose the kids with laudanum first - old aeroplanes can only hold their attention so long.

BUT - I used my new Canon Powershot A70 for the first time with excellent results. I'm grateful to Beetle for the thread she developed on cameras.

Cheers
Winston001

stu140103
09-04-2004, 11:39 PM
> > is Susan B Billy T? ]:) :D :p
> >
> > hmmmm :D
> >
> > hehe
>
> Uh oh...... oooops!!! :O
>
> Oh damn!!
>
> ;-)

hehe LOL! The cat is out of the bag! :D

mark c
10-04-2004, 08:33 AM
:^O :^O :^O Nice one Whoever.

Easter in Spanish is "Pascua".

robo
10-04-2004, 09:13 AM
Could be easily confused with Antimonian, which is something made from Antinmony.
Have a good Easter, people, and get out and shop today. One day of pent-up demad must be satiated.
robo.

Billy T
11-04-2004, 11:57 AM
> > > is Susan B Billy T? ]:) :D :p
> > >
> > > hmmmm :D

> > hehe

> > Uh oh...... oooops!!! :O

> > Oh damn!!

> ;-)
>
> hehe LOL! The cat is out of the bag! :D

Well, youse guys are never going to know, not unless Susan spills the beans. I was on sabattical this weekend and couldn't post my WFTWE so L'il Sis posted on my behalf.

This is fun ]:)

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :D :D :D
Wot? No intense theological debate?
I guess we are all tuned out now after a
few thousand years of slaughter in the
name of organised religion.

Susan B
12-04-2004, 10:58 AM
> Well, youse guys are never going to know, not unless
> Susan spills the beans. I was on sabattical this
> weekend and couldn't post my WFTWE so L'il Sis posted
> on my behalf.
>
> This is fun ]:)
>
> Cheers
>
> Billy 8-{) :D :D :D

Oh Billy, did ya hafta let the cat outta the bag? I had poor 'ol Stu well and truly hooked for a while and was rather enjoying that. :p :D

Sorry Stu. :8}