PDA

View Full Version : Frontpage 2003

grahamem
09-04-2004, 04:16 PM
Hi, does anyone know how to set the size of a web page in Frontpage 2003 so that it displays properly in 800x600 (without having to scroll across the page). I'm new at this so any help would be appreciated.
Cheers

stu140103
09-04-2004, 04:46 PM
> Hi, does anyone know how to set the size of a web
> page in Frontpage 2003 so that it displays properly
> in 800x600 (without having to scroll across the
> page).

When you look at the site in your browser & you scroll over to the right, do you see like any images, text, etc... That are over there?

I hope this makes sense, but it is a bit hard with out seeing the site, to say what is making it scroll right.

stu140103
09-04-2004, 04:50 PM
Answer No 2:

> does anyone know how to set the size of a web
> page in Frontpage 2003 so that it displays properly
> in 800x600 (without having to scroll across the
> page).

You cant do that

You have to make the content of the page to fit on a 800 X 600 screen.

Web pages are not like word documents, you have to make the content on a web page to fit on an 800 X 600 screen, not the other way around e.g. making the page 800 X 600

Hope this better answers your question :)

mejobloggs
09-04-2004, 05:03 PM
Nah, Its not that Stu. I had the same problem in Frontpage. I think it was a problem with the horizontal rule thing. Try deleting any horizatal rule things.

But then, it could be that Stu, becuause I was using Frontpage 2000, so surely they would have fixed that bug by now?

stu140103
09-04-2004, 05:16 PM
> But then, it could be that Stu, becuause I was using
> Frontpage 2000, so surely they would have fixed that
> bug by now?

That is a another reason mejobloggs to lean Dreamweaver :D :p

& that is another reason why I donít use front page

Greg S
09-04-2004, 05:30 PM
Make a single cell table 800 wide, no borders, and insert the whole page within the table. You can position the table either to the left or centre

metla
09-04-2004, 06:16 PM
what greg said is right on the money.

The other option is to not set the tables to any pre-defined size(you can set it to percentages if u want to get tricky)and let it auto-maticly re-size itdelf for whatever resolution its being viewed at.

After inserting anthing using frontpage(tables,cells,pictures)its a good idea to right click it and see how it has been designated to display,The program likes to automaticly set it by size.

As to others comments about Dreamweaver,great program,but just too much for simple web page design.

I have always been quite happy with what i have produced with frontpage.

Heres a couple

this one i have only finished about 1 third of but i will eventually get there.

http://www.jurgensdemolition.co.nz/

this one is a site i set up for others to contribute material for,other then the making the actual site very little of it is my material.

Its a heavy metal site,be awere that it may contain material considered offensive.

http://www.risingpower.com/

grahamem
09-04-2004, 08:29 PM
I resized all the tables to 800 and it did the trick. Thanks for your help.

Cheers