PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Servers on DSE XH6830

jamesdoc
09-04-2004, 10:28 AM
I have a Dick Smith ADSL WiFi router, model XH6830. When I set up a virtual server to let Overnet pass through on a port it stops connecting to the Internet. I have tried changing the UDP and TCP settings, but it does not make a difference. It seems the moment the router has a virtual server it loses the ability to connect to the net. Then the only way to fix it is to reset it to the factory settings and set it up again from the beginning.

Does anyone have an answer?

Thanks.

ugh1
09-04-2004, 11:43 AM
When you say it stops connecting to the net, do you meen it will not make an ADSL connection, or that your PC cannot access the net?

jamesdoc
09-04-2004, 02:53 PM
The router still shows an active adsl line, but does not connect to the internet.

Thanks

PoWa
09-04-2004, 03:10 PM
The joys of cheap n nasty DSE routers.

Have you tried specifying your own ports for overnet and the router? Not the default ones.

Try changing the settings, save the configuration. Then turn router off and on again. Hopefully it will re-make the connection.

ugh1
09-04-2004, 04:27 PM
Ok, assuming the ADSL logs you in OK, the next question would be is it both the wireless and wired connections that cannot access the net?

Also check that you are forwarding the traffic in the virtual server to the correct PC. You cannot forward a port to more than one PC.

jamesdoc
09-04-2004, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the advice. I powered the router off and on and now it connects. My port is accessible, but Overnet shows me as connected but unclear. So I did the logical thing and gave up on Overnet. EDonkey works fine and picks up all my partial downloads.
Everything looks good in my world now.

james