PDA

View Full Version : Where's my order StylesPC?!



Orion
08-04-2004, 07:47 PM
Hi, I made a thread last weekend (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=45944) about getting a new CPU and decided to order from StylesPC (http://www.stylespc.com) as they were $40+ cheaper than most of the competition.

Now I'm having trouble with even getting the goods I have paid for.

I made the order last weekend on Sunday, and by 2pm on Monday they still hadn't emailed me about bank details. So I emailed him and got a quick response, and details where to bank the money.

So I rush down to the bank, deposit $141.50 cash and tell the bank people to put the money in straight away.

Then I reply to StylesPC guy and I scan him a pic of the deposit receipt and email it to him. Evidence enough!! He says he'll wait till he sees the money in his account. (It should be in there already).

So perhaps he should have couriered the thing late monday afternoon. I am paying $6.50 for overnight delivery from Christchurch to Invercargill. But at this stage the order status is still 'pending'.

Then, the next day Tuesday lunchtime, still no status update. So I email him, and he says the money has now appeared in his bank account, so an hour later the status changes again and its at 'processed'.

So then why on Tuesday night the order hasn't even been sent to the couriers yet??? I am paying $6.50 for overnight delivery!

Then I asked him on Tuesday night if the order was shipped and he said he was hoping to get it shipped on Wednesday. Doesn't look like it happend.

Then on Wednesday there was no change in status, so I'm wondering when is he going to even ship it!

Note: if he didn't get it sent on Wednesday or earlier, then it wouldn't be delivered till next week due to easter holidays!

Thats crazy! A week and a half for a cpu thats pretty comon and should be in stock already.

I can possibly see why they are $40 cheaper than ascent. They probably take weeks to deliver?

I emailed him last night (wednesday) and he replied saying that he's sure it was shipped on wednesday. But he has to go into the office to find the tracking number so we can track n trace it.

My question is, if you had shipped it on Wednesday, why wasn't the website updated so I could use the tracking number??

SO anyway, I wait all day today (thursday) for an email from him for the tracking number, or actually the goods in question to arrive on my doorstep.

Know what happened? Absolutely nothing. No email, no goods, no way to track them!

In desperation I rung the courier company StylesPC uses (Skyroad Express) and they got in contact with the driver in the Invercargill area to see if he had a package for my name or address. Nup, they didn't.

Ok, so this leads me to believe he hasn't even sent the goods yet! Then I look on the StylesPC website, and I see that its closed on Thursday the 8th because they can't make any shipping over easter, so may as well close up shop and go on holiday with unfinished business!

1) Where is my stuff that I paid for?
2) Why hasn't my stuff even been shipped yet!?
3) Why do I not have a courier tracking number!?
4) Why should I have to wait till next Wednesday to get my stuff? I paid for overnight delivery! (I'm waiting a whole week 1/2 for delivery!)
5) What the heck is going on?!!!!

HELP ME PLEASE!

} //rant

somebody
08-04-2004, 07:59 PM
> So I rush down to the bank, deposit $141.50 cash and
> tell the bank people to put the money in straight
> away.
Even if you tell the bank-people to do it straight away, they have to wait till overnight for it to be processed. Generally all transfers are done at midnight.

>
> Then I reply to StylesPC guy and I scan him a pic of
> the deposit receipt and email it to him. Evidence
> enough!! He says he'll wait till he sees the money in
> his account. (It should be in there already).
This is standard business practice. Deposit-receipts can be forged, especially if you are scanning it in, he has no proof whether your deposit-receipt is genuine or not. As above, the money wouldn't have been transferred until overnight.

>
> So perhaps he should have couriered the thing late
> monday afternoon. I am paying $6.50 for overnight
> delivery from Christchurch to Invercargill. But at
> this stage the order status is still 'pending'.
This "Overnight delivery" may be a bit dodgy. You may want to investigate to see if this is breeching the FTA.


In regards to the other issues, I would strongly suggest that you write a complaint letter or email, and address it to "The Manager" of the firm concerned. It might turn out that this is a one-man operation, and that they'll just pay absolutely no attention to it whatsoever, but at least you would have tried.

Good luck with receiving the order.

whiskeytangofoxtrot
08-04-2004, 08:09 PM
Do you really think anyone here is going to be able to get your PC to you faster?

Considered ringing StylesPC and asking them?

They are known for good customer service, there is probably a genuine reason.

Orion
08-04-2004, 08:26 PM
Quote from website:

PLEASE NOTE, we will be closed over the easter break, including Thursday the 8th, due to the fact we can't ship anything over public holidays. We will be shipping again on Tuesday the 13th.

Shop Contact Details
STYLESPC HEAD OFFICE
PO Box 27-170
Shirley
Christchurch

We can't always sit by the phone, so PLEASE EMAIL us first.

Office Phone: 03 980 0402 (Between 10am - 4pm)
Mobile Phone: 021 652 340
Fax 03 980 0402
sales@stylespc.com

MSN: stylespc@msn.com
ICQ: 122979181

Yup, so how can you ring them if they don't reply to your email first.

Orion
08-04-2004, 08:27 PM
I added the msn and icq contacts to my programs and it doesn't appear they use that either.

Billy T
08-04-2004, 08:42 PM
Cheap prices = Low budget, low rent operation! Pay peanuts, get served by monkeys.

They probably have zero stock levels, and in fact it is highly likely that he is awaiting delivery of your CPU so he can forward it on. You pays your money and you takes your chances. Fast and reliable service costs money.

There's no point complaining here, other than to get some commiseration and to warn the rest of us not to expect stellar service from StylesPC.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

metla
08-04-2004, 10:08 PM
hmmm......They are known for good service so this may have just been a glitch.

Other then that,don't believe the courier companies either,I had an entire system disapear for a week,after ringing the courier company and being told they had no order f0or me anywahere on the system they walked in with it 2 hours later.

Just after i got off the phone and pretty much called a supplier a liar.....

Lohsing
09-04-2004, 12:22 AM
> hmmm......They are known for good service so this may
> have just been a glitch.

Well... first time I ordered rounded cables from them, it took a week to deliver.

This time I've ordered a PSU which should have been delivered by now... actually, it should have been delivered by Tuesday, but still... it was about $30 cheaper, and my other PSU is doing just fine.

So all in all, I've had pretty slow service from these guys. Twice.

Lo.

metla
09-04-2004, 12:27 AM
ah well,i was just ensuring my post wouldn't come off negative about a company i've never used.

Orion
09-04-2004, 01:08 AM
> Well... first time I ordered rounded cables from them, it took a week to deliver.

Ohh yeah I ordered a couple of rounded IDE cables along with the CPU. Maybe thats another hiccup.

But still the status didn't say the items were back-ordered or anything.

Thing is, I don't even know it is with the couriers, I have no tracking number to confirm.

Lohsing
09-04-2004, 01:15 AM
> Thing is, I don't even know it is with the couriers,
> I have no tracking number to confirm.

Lol... yeah... i remember i had to chase it up with him... I asked him for the tracking number, and he emailed it to me saying that it should've arrived already, etc... anyway, i went to the Skyroad website, punched in the number, and the result was that it was still "in transit" or something...

So much for "It should be there by now!"

Lo.

Orion
09-04-2004, 02:06 AM
Well yeah I've made about 8 emails to him already and hes replied to about 6 of them. Thats a lot of emails for something so simple.

Apparently he's gone off to the Warbirds over Wanaka for easter. Woulda been nice to send me a tracking number before running off. From the photo on his website of the StylesPC rapid delivery vehicle (http://www.stylespc.com/help.html), it looks like he runs the business in a residential area, most likely his home. In which case a simple walk down the hallway would be suffice to find the courier number. All speculation of course.

I, being a big fan of conspiracies think the goods must be still in transit to him from a wholesaler somewhere, or lying round in his office under a pile of junk, and he's just stalling saying its the courier's fault.

Growly
09-04-2004, 09:00 AM
Not completely on topic, but remotely related; I feel your pain...

I ordered from PCsale for the first time, and spent 4 weeks waiting for the delivery. In the end, they had lost my case... so they sent me a new one. Every order after that has gone smoothly though...

Growly
09-04-2004, 09:03 AM
omg whiskeytangofoxtrot... why is it whenever you post in reply to someone you don't help them, infact you put them down and generally say damn right not nice things?! he's asking for help, not your criticism!!

(what was it they told us in primary school? nothing nice to say, dont say it?)

Growly
09-04-2004, 09:19 AM
> omg whiskeytangofoxtrot... why is it whenever you
> post in reply to someone you don't help them, infact
> you put them down and generally say damn right not
> nice things?! he's asking for help, not your
> criticism!!
>
> (what was it they told us in primary school? nothing
> nice to say, dont say it?)

Right sorry bout that ^, I have bad memories... I just thought it wasn't very nice...

You can do that "flame" thing on me now.

BIFF
09-04-2004, 12:09 PM
> Cheap prices = Low budget, low rent operation! Pay
> peanuts, get served by monkeys.
>
> They probably have zero stock levels, and in fact it
> is highly likely that he is awaiting delivery of your
> CPU so he can forward it on. You pays your money and
> you takes your chances. Fast and reliable service
> costs money.
>
> There's no point complaining here, other than to get
> some commiseration and to warn the rest of us not to
> expect stellar service from StylesPC.
>
> Cheers
>
> Billy 8-{)
>


All true Billy, I order lots of cheap stuff through these 1 man band outfits, and I have realised that if you want to save the money you just have to be patient and not give yourself an ulcer over it! :)

JJJJJ
09-04-2004, 02:30 PM
Sounds like another of these one man bands. They don't carry any stock and when you order they have to buy it in.
There's plenty of them around.
Jack

Jester
09-04-2004, 02:43 PM
Well DSE took 4 weeks to get an answerphone to me that their website showed as 'in stock' at the time of order. They said they had more on order after a week of non-delivery. They aren't a one man band too, surely!

When it did arrive it was c**p and I exchanged it for another, which was also rubbish quality. In the end got what I wanted from Noel Leeming.

Buying online may be the way things are going, but nothing beats seeing it in a shop, touching it and driving home with it there and then :|

J.

JJJJJ
09-04-2004, 03:00 PM
I agree wholeheartedly. The trouble is though, that lot's of us live in smallish towns where we are virtually forced on to the net for our shopping.

Orion
09-04-2004, 03:47 PM
> omg whiskeytangofoxtrot... why is it whenever you post in reply to someone you don't help them, infact you put them down and generally say damn right not nice things?! he's asking for help, not your criticism!!

> (what was it they told us in primary school? nothing nice to say, dont say it?)

He's a grumpy old man that forgets to take his medication on time. :^O

He had a go at me on the Overclockers forums too. Raving on about me "slagging" the company off on multiple forums. Username: "Billys Cigar". I can only assume it was him.

I'm not slagging StylesPC off, I'm merely wondering where my stuff is, and to get some plausible reasons off other people.

metla
09-04-2004, 03:54 PM
well,lack of communication and lack of delivery are grounds for a whinge in my book.

Orion
09-04-2004, 03:59 PM
Well Amen to that! Thanks metla! :^O

JJJJJ
09-04-2004, 04:24 PM
Well said Metla.
Jack

whiskeytangofoxtrot
09-04-2004, 07:12 PM
> He had a go at me on the Overclockers forums too.
> Raving on about me "slagging" the company off on
> multiple forums. Username: "Billys Cigar". I can only
> assume it was him.

There was a great quote out of a movie... assumption is the mother of all f&*k ups.

I do not, have not, and probably never will visit the Overclockers forums.

Get your facts sttraight before you start slinging mud. As it was my post was not derogatory to you, all I asked is what you expect to get out of this thread, as no one here is going to be able to fix it for you.

robo
10-04-2004, 10:19 AM
Good communication often compensates for bad service.
Bad communication often creates the impression of bad service.
Someone who is an hour late, but calls before they are due to say they are late is probably better received than someone 15 minutes late that doesn't call.
Now I wonder what relevance this has (you may be wondering that too). I guess the first time you deal with anyone you tend to be nervous. However, slack responses to emails and slow turnarounds on delivery don't indicate they are dodgy. I think the turnaround I get one a Japanese company is pathetic, but they pack well, charge a reasonable price for shipping, and it always gets here. I can live with it, but had some nervous moments the first time around when it took ten days to pack the goods (two boxes put into one carton, tricky stuff).
Keep the faith, Easter mucks things up.
robo.
robo.

Growly
11-04-2004, 07:36 PM
> > He had a go at me on the Overclockers forums too.
> > Raving on about me "slagging" the company off on
> > multiple forums. Username: "Billys Cigar". I can
> only
> > assume it was him.
I'd hate to create an argument, but;

>Sounds like another of these one man bands. They don't carry any stock and when you order they have to buy it in.

Don't tell anyone .... poor little nerds like me spend their lives trying to make their computer better (and for what? you ask...)

> There was a great quote out of a movie... assumption
> is the mother of all f&*k ups.

I and many others would appreciate if the level of language was kept to a G level... (awaits claims of hipocricy)

> I asked is what you expect to get out of this thread,
> as no one here is going to be able to fix it for you.

Well if that's the case, what's the point of the forum in the first place? If you claim (or assume) that he cannot be helped, what is the point of coming to this site... which i thought was for the so people could atleast try to be helped?

Now that my part of the rant is over...

I was about to buy some fancy fans for my computer... with the lights and all. (The stupid part is that i leave the case open to see them glow, completing negating there use, messing up the airflow and allowing for a whole heap of dust.) I saw stylesPC has low prices.... but they havent responded to my email....

I gues it [i] is [/] easter...

Growly
11-04-2004, 07:39 PM
uh... whats the green quote at the top of my post for? i didnt put it there...

whiskeytangofoxtrot
11-04-2004, 08:57 PM
Two >> 's

>>Like this

>>> Or this

> Or this

StopMoaning
11-04-2004, 10:32 PM
Hay I hear your order gets there faster if you post about it more

http://forums.overclockers.co.nz/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14090

oh whoops

Growly
11-04-2004, 10:40 PM
lol whiskey, on the posting box those lines wheren't even there (as in the words weren't there)

rofl - someone had a bit of spare time! (the name.. why?!)

whiskeytangofoxtrot
11-04-2004, 10:46 PM
> lol whiskey, on the posting box those lines wheren't
> even there (as in the words weren't there)

Oh... weird...

>>>> Wonder what four does?

metla
11-04-2004, 10:46 PM
> rofl - someone had a bit of spare time! (the name..
> why?!)


Because the poster wanted to "be the man" and have a dig but due to lacking a spine used a different user name.

Weak,very weak.

whiskeytangofoxtrot
11-04-2004, 10:48 PM
> Because the poster wanted to "be the man" and have a
> dig but due to lacking a spine used a different user
> name.

It wasn't me (though people will probably try and claim it was), however it was interesting to see the response on the other forum...

>>>>>Wonder what 5 does - is there a limit?

metla
11-04-2004, 10:56 PM
Come on WTF,we know it was you,your always so nice and never direct to the point under your usual username so you have to use other names when you want to be blunt.


......................................HA.

the people on that other forum are in dreamland,i have constant deliveries by couriers,From Auckland to Wanganui,and 99.9 percent arrive the day after the courier get their hands on them.

whiskeytangofoxtrot
11-04-2004, 11:06 PM
> Come on WTF,we know it was you

You don't know a damned thing, I'd happily invite the mods to wander in and exonerate me. If I want to say something I'm not going to smokescreen a username.

Just interesting that on that forum the response was predominantly that posting threads won't fix anything, and that delays are expected. Leading up to a holiday weekend most places, stores and couriers alike will be gearing down for the break... delays come with the territory.

metla
11-04-2004, 11:13 PM
god damn idiot,i was makin fun.

PoWa
11-04-2004, 11:56 PM
Heh well, I have reason to believe that WTF is actually someone else on this forum (5000+ posts), and uses the nickname WTF when he wants to be particularly blunt or abusive towards someone.

Sentence structure, word usage and traceroute would tend to agree.

metla
11-04-2004, 11:58 PM
ah well,call me simple but i take every poster on face value....

Lohsing
12-04-2004, 12:11 AM
> Heh well, I have reason to believe that WTF is
> actually someone else on this forum (5000+ posts),
> and uses the nickname WTF when he wants to be
> particularly blunt or abusive towards someone.

/twilight zone

"Do do do do do do do do do do do do...."

/end twilight zone

;)

Lo.

PoWa
12-04-2004, 12:30 AM
Well that went right over my head...

What are you on about Lo? :^O

Lohsing
12-04-2004, 12:33 AM
The Twilight Zone theme music.... or am I starting to show my age now?? :(

Here (http://carlah11.tripod.com/sounds/twilitezone.mid) it is... NOW do you know what I was getting at?

Lo.

PoWa
12-04-2004, 12:40 AM
Ah hah, yes I get what you mean now lol!

Growly
12-04-2004, 11:28 AM
Ok i was thinking X-Files...

Susan B
12-04-2004, 12:10 PM
> Heh well, I have reason to believe that WTF is actually someone else on this forum (5000+ posts), and uses the nickname WTF when he wants to be particularly blunt or abusive towards someone.

> Sentence structure, word usage and traceroute would tend to agree.

What??

IIRC there are only three forum members with 5000+ posts - Godfather, Chill and Graham L - and if you are referring to either of those people then you seriously need help.

WTF may or may not have other usernames here on this forum but I would bet my beloved Beast that he ain't one of those people. :|

Mike
12-04-2004, 12:21 PM
> > So I rush down to the bank, deposit $141.50 cash
> and
> > tell the bank people to put the money in straight
> > away.
> Even if you tell the bank-people to do it straight
> away, they have to wait till overnight for it to be
> processed. Generally all transfers are done at
> midnight.

Not if it was a deposit direct into the company's account at the company's bank (if not the same branch). If you ask the tellars to put it in straight away it should be visible in the account (and available) straight away, although the details given probably wouldn't be visible until the next day.

Mike.

PoWa
12-04-2004, 01:35 PM
> Not if it was a deposit direct into the company's account at the company's bank (if not the same branch). If you ask the tellars to put it in straight away it should be visible in the account (and available) straight away, although the details given probably wouldn't be visible until the next day.

Yeah thats what I though too. I went down to the ASB Bank and deposited it right then and there.

I've done it before with my own bank (National) and then went to the ATM right outside, and the money was available to be withdrawn. Not that there would be much point in withdrawing it, after I'd just deposited it :p

whiskeytangofoxtrot
12-04-2004, 02:08 PM
> Heh well, I have reason to believe that WTF is
> actually someone else on this forum (5000+ posts),

And you'd be wrong.

This is the only username I've ever used on here. Like I said earlier, I don't need to hide when I want to say something.

Growly
12-04-2004, 02:11 PM
...

whetu
12-04-2004, 11:17 PM
I'd just like to make a simple reminder to everyone about two common truths:

1) The basic law of business (apart from MAKE MONEY) is that a happy customer will tell at least one other person, whereas an unhappy customer will tell at least ten.

2) There is always two sides to a story. To take one as cannon is foolish and shortsighted.

Just remember, there are two people involved in this, take a look at John's conduct on OCNZ:
http://forums.overclockers.co.nz/showthread.php?s=&postid=170587#post170587
Compared with Orion's.

You can see that John is abiding by truth #1, doing his best to resolve the situation and save face, however he is unaware of how many different forums orion has posted in, and I'm certainly not going to go to the likes of gameplanet, jsg, recoil or forumnz to find out.

You can also see that Orion is using both truths to create a bias. Unfortunately, thanks to Orion packing an e-wobbly, damage to John's credibility may be to an uneccessary extent by now, simply due to his impatience.

So it might be relevant to read what John has posted about the matter and form an unbiased and educated opinion, instead of taking Orion's word as gospel and then blowing it out of proportion.

This FYI brought to you in association with the letters T, M, Y and K ;)

metla
12-04-2004, 11:46 PM
still doesn't change the facts that the goods weren't delivered and he wasn't provided with a tracking number.

the tracking number would have proved that the goods had been shipped and it was now in the hands of the courier.

I would agree that posting this on multiple forums was maybe a bit harsh be he didn't accuse the companyt of ripping him off,just not providing the order or confirmation on the status of the order.

which as far as i can see are facts,and i seriuosly doubt a company as established as Styles PC has been effected in anyway,i would bet money that his amount of orders would remain pretty constant over the next few weeks.

Murray P
13-04-2004, 12:13 AM
> > Not if it was a deposit direct into the company's
> account at the company's bank (if not the same
> branch). If you ask the tellars to put it in straight
> away it should be visible in the account (and
> available) straight away, although the details given
> probably wouldn't be visible until the next day.
>
> Yeah thats what I though too. I went down to the ASB
> Bank and deposited it right then and there.
>
> I've done it before with my own bank (National) and
> then went to the ATM right outside, and the money was
> available to be withdrawn. Not that there would be
> much point in withdrawing it, after I'd just
> deposited it :p


People, do you not know that in many cases, even cash funds need a period of grace to clear. Sometimes if the amount is small enough and you are dealing with the right bank it will clear on the spot. Try doing a bank to bank transfer add in a different town for good measure and see how quickly it clears.

Susan, can you repeat the spec's for The Beast again. Just to refresh my memory ;\
Cheers Murray P

Susan B
13-04-2004, 10:46 AM
> Susan, can you repeat the spec's for The Beast again. Just to refresh my memory

No. Get your greedy eyes off, Murray. :p :D

Growly
13-04-2004, 09:02 PM
You want a beast? Im not advertising, but this is a beast:

http://www.freewebs.com/wimsettparsi/TheTank.htm

(I mean this in no relation to my company, just so you can see my idea of a beast..)

Susan B
14-04-2004, 12:09 AM
> You want a beast? Im not advertising, but this is a beast:

Would love to see it Growly, but it won't come out and play. :-(

whiskeytangofoxtrot
14-04-2004, 12:10 AM
> http://www.freewebs.com/wimsettparsi/TheTank.htm

Impressive.... OTT but impressive.

Tho seriosuly, a box like that should really be dual processor.

Susan B
14-04-2004, 12:15 AM
Ah.... I finally got it and now my Beast is sulking. :p

To think that those things will be as common as muck and dirt cheap in five years time.... or would you not give it that long?

Lohsing
14-04-2004, 12:18 AM
Problems with the beast...

1. No mention of the power supply... there has to be a LAAARGE one to run all that

2. The number of SATA drives... there are 7 listed, but there would only be 4 mobo connections?

3. Obviously wrong pic of mobo...

4. Price is too high.

Sorry to be so pedantic tonight!

Lo.

metla
14-04-2004, 12:23 AM
That system while impressive is already complety outdated and wont be available in 2 years let alone 5.(and intel will be a shadow of their former selves)

In a years time we would have had up to 3 new generations of video cards,new btx format motherboards,64bit cpus should be the norm,sata drives running at their therotical speeds should be a rerality,and we will have dvd burners capable of 8.4 g.

4000mb of ram will probally be enough.....

And ATI phase out production of their video cards as the new model is released so prices stay high,a 9700pro is still an expensive card,even though 2 later model's are on the market and the next is close to being a reality.

Meh...im rambling,if i had money to burn i would have something similar,although AMD based.

Orion
14-04-2004, 02:22 AM
> still doesn't change the facts that the goods weren't delivered and he wasn't provided with a tracking number. the tracking number would have proved that the goods had been shipped and it was now in the hands of the courier.

Absolutely.

> I would agree that posting this on multiple forums was maybe a bit harsh but he didn't accuse the company of ripping him off, just not providing the order or confirmation on the status of the order.

Yeah, and I just posted at this forum and Overclockers. Aimed at two target groups for good opinion coverage.

**
Anyway, I've sorted it out with the StylesPC guy, and he got some new stuff sent to me today direct from his suppliers on real -overnight- delivery this time with 'NZ couriers'. So it should be here by this morning some time. *Hopes and Prays*.

He even offered to give me a XP2800+ cpu instead but I declined because it won't work in my MB. Also offered me a cathode ray tube, but no use to me as its a beige pc case with no windows, lol. Very nice gesture though!

More info to come as it arrives!

Growly
14-04-2004, 10:33 AM
Right sorry, (This is off topic)...

My ego depends on this, i feel the need to defend it :p

You must remember that this is designed for the average user (well, not really). They often don't care what kind of power supply it has, just as long as it runs. But just for you guys...

1) Enermax EG651P-VE, Dual Fan, 550W ATX

3) I've been duped, that ain't the right motherboard pic. My bad.

2) But the motherboard I used has 4 onboard SATA connections, and there is also an extra SATA Controller card (4 port) that I dont mention.

4) Price includes a margin that we slap on all products. (Same for everything). I'm not meant to tell you, but without our huge slap, its about $13500

*awaits being fired*

---------

Still waiting on that reply from StylesPC

Orion
14-04-2004, 07:43 PM
Anyway everything has been sorted out with John from StylesPC. :)

Unfortunately the courier had lost the previous order completely!! So yesterday John got some new stuff sent to me direct from his suppliers on real -overnight- delivery, this time with NZcouriers and CourierPost. Hoorah for reliabilty :)

The cables I had ordered arrived in the morning, and the cpu arrived late in the afternoon. :) When the cpu didn't arrive in the morning I was getting worried again, thinking the courier had done another runner! :p

John even offered to give me a XP2800+ cpu instead yesterday as he had it in stock, but I declined because it wouldn't work in my motherboard. He also offered me a cathode ray tube to work with the UV Reactive IDE cables, but no use to me as I have a beige PC case with no windows, lol. ;)

Very nice gesture though! :)

Anyway everythings all sorted and I'm very sorry for my outburst earlier. I guess I was being very impatient and it wasn't StylesPC's fault at all. John from StylesPC is great guy to deal with and will make sure you get all you're goods eventually. :)

I will buy from StylesPC in future, if he's willing to put up with me :p

Meanwhile, if you know a bit about CPU's see if you can help me out in this thread (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=46231)

Courier Delivery Times:
Skyroad express: X-(
New Zealand Couriers: :)
CourierPost: :D :D


No "nyah nyah told you so, goes to show nyah nyah" dribble after this line.

Growly
14-04-2004, 08:18 PM
And THAT's why we should all just be friends....

Growly
14-04-2004, 09:16 PM
OK he sent me a response, StylesPC rules...

Orion
14-04-2004, 09:22 PM
> OK he sent me a response, StylesPC rules...

huh? whats going on? :p

Shaun Minfie
14-04-2004, 10:21 PM
>
> Courier Delivery Times:
> Skyroad express: X-(
> New Zealand Couriers: :)
> CourierPost: :D :D

Courier Post owns Skyroad :)

Jester
14-04-2004, 10:25 PM
>Courier Post owns Skyroad

Maybe they should pay their drivers more then ;)

metla
14-04-2004, 10:57 PM
Skyroad in my area are very good with delivery,my only complaint about them is their pricing,One item gets charged at 10kg even if weighing in at a fraction of that weight,makes getting in a stick of ram a costy experience.