PDA

View Full Version : Windows movie maker wont play on projector

Newteach
08-04-2004, 02:46 PM
I recently created a movie using the "Movie Maker" program that comes with XP (the upgraded version of movie maker). My problem is that it plays fine on my laptop using Windows media player but when I hook my laptop up to a TV or Data projector, even though I can see my desktop and the Media player controls on both screens, when I run the movie I get sound but no pictures on the TV or Data Projector but I do on my laptop. Is anyone able to shed some light on this Frustrating Problem.

Please Help

Newteach.

Bletch
18-04-2004, 03:26 AM
This is a common problem with many DVD/Movie playing applications, and can be easily fixed. The movie will only play on the primary display, so to solve the problem go to the Windows display properties control panel applet and set the projector to be your promary display. The movie will now play on the projector/TV, but not on the laptop screen. Remember to set the laptop screen back to the primary display when you're done.

Hope this helps,
Steve

beama
18-04-2004, 10:24 AM
we also have this problem and we found that that the laptop driver is not up to running two devices so
use the fn and f5 key (on toshiba lappies) to change the out put to tv only BEFORE playing the movie then working from the tv navigate your way round to do what you what.

Newteach
19-04-2004, 12:57 AM
Hey thanks for your help folks, it's people like you lot that make a pc dope like me look like a professional at work. Many thanks again.

Andy Newteacha