PDA

View Full Version : Random Unexplainable Computer Crashes On A New Machine

pmchapman
08-04-2004, 12:18 PM
I just bought a computer with an ECS 651-M Motherboard, 512MB Ram, 80GB HD and a Pentium 4 2.6 GHz Processor, Running Windows XP Pro.

The computer randomly restarts if I start it from a cold boot, but after it restarts it will work fine.

Sometimes I get a blue screen with an error reported in the event log saying Error code 1000008e, parameter1 00000000, parameter2 00000000, parameter3 ee09bda8, parameter4 00000000.

Sometimes if I turn on the monitor before the computer starts and then start the computer, the monitor still says No signal even though the computer is running.

I have the sneaky feeling that these are all related somehow.

I have updated the virus scanner on the computer and checked for viruses.

The motherboard is a Micro ATX with On-Board graphics, sound, USB 2 and network. The only expansion card is a 56K Modem. I haven't updated the bios because it is the latest version.

If anyone could even hint at what is causing it then that would be great. I am reluctant to send it to the manufacturer, because they are in Auckland and I am in Nowheresville :-)

Thank You.

BamBam
08-04-2004, 12:29 PM
From previous experience, unfortunately I'd say faulty motherboard, especially since it is so early on in the game since original purchase. If it is still under warrenty best for the manufacturer to fix.

metla
08-04-2004, 12:38 PM
could be anything,send it back.