PDA

View Full Version : CanoScan scanner driver

merlin-nz
08-04-2004, 10:59 AM
Hi people,

As the subject line says, Does any one know if the CanoScan N340P CanoScan scanner will work with the exsiting driver that worked with Windows Me.

Our Kindergarten is up grading to a new computer and it will be XP, but don't want to buy new scanner if possible.

cheers merlin-nz ;-)

Graham L
08-04-2004, 02:29 PM
You should be OK. Search for "canonscan n340p XP" with Google, and the first link will head you in the direction of a numbver of drivers fot this (or a number of places to get the same thing ... ;-)).

Noel Nosivad
08-04-2004, 05:39 PM
Hey merlin-nz,

Are you upgrading the computer or, getting a new computer and just transferring the scanner over? If upgrading the computer it's recommended to do a clean install, if not possible then it's then recommended to remove drivers that may cause problems.

You'll possibly need to download the drivers, I use to have that scanner and it does work with WinXP and Linux :P. I checked my driver downloads but I only have a link (http://www.canon.com.au/products/scanners/scanners_low_medium_volume/CanoScanN340P_drivers.html) to the drivers, so I hope that helps.

Noel Nosivad

Graham L
08-04-2004, 05:52 PM
Oops. "canoscan n340p XP",of course for that search. ;-)

merlin-nz
08-04-2004, 06:20 PM
Thanks guys;

Noel N: thanks for that site, better than the one I found.
Not Opera browser friendly though. :D
Anyway I click on Driver/Support and found that 'yes' a clean install would be needed, but seeing as we will be purchasing a new computer, as I understand it, the old drivers will work.

Sorry about the up 'grading' meant purchasing a new computer, the teachers reckon the old HP Pavilion running ME is haunted. LOL

Its been in and out of the shop like a yo yo.
So now the kids can bang on it.

cheers merlin-nz ;-)