PDA

View Full Version : NFS Underground

Big_Mountain
06-04-2004, 07:40 PM
My friend is having trouble with a race in NFS Underground, he needs me to pass it for him.

the thing is that he has a laptop and i'm really not used to the small keypad. plus my keyboard can't be plugged into his laptop.

i need his saved game to be sent to me.

But where are the saved games located???

How to i get them out??

please help

thanks

hamstar
06-04-2004, 08:31 PM
The savegames are located somewhere wierd like docs and settings/username/application data/nfsu or maybe on a 9x system windows/application data.

Just do a search for profiles.usr and that should turn up the folder.

Also, be sure to backup your own profiles.usr file as EA haven't allowed for importing gamesaves... infact I don't think you can mod that game at all.

Anyway you can't have your save, and your mates save in the game at the same time. So back yours up.

Cheers.
.Hamstar

robert6655
06-04-2004, 09:12 PM
Of course you can have more than 1 save game in the game at once as long as they are named differently, and after saving/exporting over 20 different save games i should know ;) .

anyways what you need to do is go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NFS Underground (this is a hidden folder so you may need to enable hidden folders in your windows options) then copy your friends save files into this directory on your computer, go into the game and create a new game with EXACTLY THE SAME NAME as your friends save files, then go into options and load game and you should be able to load your friends save game.

simple as that :D

hamstar
06-04-2004, 09:37 PM
ahhhh, tricky.....