PDA

View Full Version : System Recovery

jase12
06-04-2004, 04:39 PM
Hi people! :) My sister has a friend (a very Hot one) that has Windows Xp Home Edition...my question is...Can i use the System Recovery disks that i have on her computer?? She's had the comp for ages and didnt even know about disk defrag or nuthi' she has Kazza and heaps of other spy stuff, i've run a few progs on it and cleaned up heaps of junk files etc, but it still runs like a pig, can i reformat her hard drive and start again??

yingxuan
06-04-2004, 04:47 PM
I hate windows 98se and im don't have enough money to buy a new computer.I partioned my harddrive splitting the drives apart.
Before formatting.i would suggest downloading all the setup files for example msn,icq etc .Put those setup files in a seperate drive so that after restoring windows you won't need to download all those setup files again!!

yingxuan
06-04-2004, 04:51 PM
I actually recommend formatting and starting over again.
I remember i had windows 85 and i used spybot.Spybot deleted something and my computer couldn't even boot to windows.
I fink the best way is to format the hardrive to clean everything and have a fresh start.!!

godfather
06-04-2004, 05:09 PM
> Can i use the System Recovery disks that i have
> on her computer??

System recovery disks are "locked" to the make and model of PC they shipped with. They will refuse to install on any other model of computer irrespective of how "hot" the owner may be....