PDA

View Full Version : Landros OS Help required

the highlander
04-04-2004, 01:31 AM
Just loaded landros std from PC authority mag on a P3 667, 256 meg ram with GF mx400 on a 3 gig partion on a 4 gig h/d (no other os present). Clean install, went well but can't read any cds apart from audio cds. Get a message 'please insert cd' and a torrent of disk activity. I've tried a variety of cds and none are recognised apart from audio variety. I've swapped in and out 3 cdroms, all of which I know can digest anything thrown in them and the os has correctly identified each one. Jumper settings all set correctly. Floppies and usb flash drives are recognised and accessable Any suggestions.

Chilling_Silence
04-04-2004, 05:14 AM
Hi The Highlander,

First off, I believe you're talking about Xandros?

Next, what type of CD's are these? Entirely data, or is there some part audio?

So you put the CD in.. The drive spins a bit... and that's it? Correct? Nothing more?
..Seems kinda strange, I remember Xandros having an automounter which worked fine..... Hmm....

Chill.

the highlander
04-04-2004, 11:03 AM
Sorry, yes Xandros shouldn't post after midnight :-(
Fresher now :-)
Recognises and reads standard audio cds only. I've tried data, mixed data/ audio, commercial cds (including several pc world discs) kodak picture disks etc etc. In xandros version of system hardware properties all the cdplayers I have tried have been identified correctly but still get the cd spinning up and that annoying please "insert cd message" on inserting anything but audio cds. (That and a long period of disk thrashing)
It seems to me if it plays audio cds flawlessly it must be mounting the cd player.
Its got me totally befuddled.

That aside everything works perfectly.

Dolby Digital
04-04-2004, 11:04 AM
You wouldn't have some obsure cd drive would you. Xandros may have incorrectly identified your cd drive although that would be unusual. What type of cd drive is it?

the highlander
04-04-2004, 04:48 PM
Aopen cd-rw 12x10x32
BenQ 52 speed
Samsung 52 speed
Compaq 40 speed
nothing unusual

BUT !!! For no apparent reason on the umpteenth cd switch the aopen was recognised and reads perfectly everything I chuck in it. B*ggered if I know why. But I,m happy now.