PDA

View Full Version : Missing Files while installing XP

jabba
03-04-2004, 08:08 PM
I have just installed Win XP home and as it was inststalling it came up with these files that it couldn't find to install....clspack.exe, javacypt.dll, javaperm.hlp, javaprxy.dll, javart.dll, javasec.hlp, jdbgwgr.exe, jview.exe, msawt.dll, msjava.dll, msjdbc10.dll, ntsjava.inf, vmhelper.dll, wjview.exe, dx3j.dll, jit.dll.
These files seem to have somthing to do with java. Do I need to reinstall XP or can install somthing else? The computer seems to be running ok so i'm not sure what to do, if anything.

kiki
03-04-2004, 08:49 PM
Is this a slipstream copy with SP1a?

If it is, java has been removed with the service pack so it might throw a few wobblies or something?

Otherwise see if your friend or whatever has those files on their XP home cd, and get them to send them to you, then make a new bootable cd.

If it were me, and its not causing any problems I wouldn't worry about it.

jabba
03-04-2004, 09:50 PM
Not sure what you mean by slipstream, but yeah it's got sp1a

Jen C
03-04-2004, 09:58 PM
Was this installation an upgrade over a previous Windows version? If your previous version had Java Virtual Machine installed, this may be why you got the error messages. As mentioned, XP + SP1a does not include Java VM. It is quite handy to have, so you might like to download and install Java yourself.

Jen C
03-04-2004, 10:08 PM
>It is quite handy to have, so you might like to download and install Java yourself.

This is where you can download Java (http://java.com/en/index.jsp) from.

jabba
04-04-2004, 09:11 AM
Thank you v much.

Greg S
04-04-2004, 11:47 AM
>As mentioned, XP + SP1a does not
> include Java VM. It is quite handy to have

In what way? I have it installed from somewhere (probably couldn't load a page in Netscape at some time or the other). But I can't figure out it's usefulness.