PDA

View Full Version : Hacking games anyone?

Barnabas
02-04-2004, 11:30 PM
Just thought I would share the fun....I've been playing a hacking game on the site www.hackerslab.org.
If you like computer security and stuff like that you should have a go, it's very enlightening.
The site has about 10 (I think) different challenges. Once you've done one you can move on to the next one. I found this site while browsing through happyhacker.org which is also an interesting site if you're into computer security.
Anyway, just thought I would "share the love"
B.

PoWa
03-04-2004, 12:08 AM
Ok I'm onto question 1. How do you open a file to display in the telnet window? I can navigate places but don't know how to do much else :p

Barnabas
03-04-2004, 09:36 AM
Im only on to level 2 so Im kinda new to it as well. Useful commands that help are ls -alF ....this lists the directory contents including any hidden files (hidden files start with a .) To run a file you type ./filename as long as you are in that directory where the file is. To find out information about a file you type file filename. To view a directory that has too many things that cant fit on the screen you type dir | more.
Like I said Im only on level 2 so cant be a whole lot of help. I only learnt the above stuff last night. Some of the linux gurus might be able to help us out a bit more if we get stuck.
Cool.
B.