PDA

View Full Version : Geforce fan making funny noises.

hamstar
02-04-2004, 01:35 PM
I bought a Geforce fan last march from QMB with my computer. My warranty ran out 11 days ago.

I had heard my computer making funny noises before but I assumed (ass out of me) it was one of the system fans dying.

However about a week ago I put the card in my bo's computer and now I have found its my Geforce making the funny noise.

Its an Eagle Geforce 4 64MB MX440 and when I starts up it makes this stoopid noise like its not sitting right. Like brrrrrrrrrr. Then it used to stop after a minute or two of operation, or sometimes you can gove it a (light) tap and the fan seems to slide back into place and shutup until you next turned the computer on.

Now however during normal operation it randomly slips in and out of making this freakin annoying noise.

I emailed QMB to explain it but they said the couldn't help cos I should have alerted them earlier (which is fair enough) so now what do/can I do to shut this thing up?

Cheers.
Hamstar

tweak\'e
02-04-2004, 01:50 PM
clean it and lube the bearings, otherwise get a new one.

Ashley Matthews
02-04-2004, 04:25 PM
Hey,

I had the same problem with my GeForce fan. I took it to a computer shop who said it was possible to replace the fan but pricewise it would be cheaper just to get a brand new card.... On that note the prices for GF4 MX440's 128MB are only around $95 including GST right now..

Hope this helps
Ash

hamstar
02-04-2004, 04:40 PM
thanks, but I might just do a bunga job until I can afford a Ti card in a couple o months.