PDA

View Full Version : Deleting the Header from printing in OE

Shooter
01-04-2004, 11:31 AM
Hi All
I get a number of emails that have been sent to a large number of address' and when printing the email the 'From' & 'To' information takes up nearly a whole page before I get the message printing on page 1 and 2. I have tried printing 'selection' only and deleting the 'header' & 'footer' from page setup without luck. I would love to be able to save a tree or two.

How can I print just the message of my emails?

Cheers
Shooter

mark c
01-04-2004, 11:52 AM
Why doesn't 'selection' work?

I had this puzzle using one ver of Opera. Drove me nuts till I discovered that the version didn't have the 'selection' built in yet.

Does it work in IE?

Reapir IE maybe?

godfather
01-04-2004, 12:03 PM
Start by educating the senders, to only use the BCC: fields when sending out large circulation emails.

The danger at present is, everyone's email address is given to everyone else and when just one of the recipients gets virused or infected with spyware - adware your address is then comprimised and spammed.

Using BCC eliminates all other addresses on the viewed and printed email as well as not making it widely available for unintended use.

Apart from that, have you tried selecting what you want and going File - Print - Selection.
Works for me on Eudora

Shooter
01-04-2004, 04:11 PM
Hi Marc C Thanks for your reply. Just in case I was doing something different I printed 'selection' only again but it still prints the 'To', 'From', 'Sent' & 'Subject'. GGrrrrr.

Godfather, Thanks for your thoughts. Good call on displaying the address' of all the recipients. The only thing I can think of is to cut and paste into word and printing from there. Still there should be a way to print the message only. I guess I will have to batle my way through the Microsoft web site to see if anything is posted there.

Cheers
Shooter